Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I do in this situation?

What should I do in this situation?

I went on a first date with a guy from Tinder. I thought it went well- we talked for 4 hours, he kissed me goodnight and asked to hang out the following Saturday and suggested a place we could get together.

After that he did not message me all week and Saturday came and passed. I texted him on Sunday and he did not acknowledge the Saturday "plans" and he said he wanted to get together the same night. I simply asked what his plans were and he stopped replying.

Given that he was flaky on plans twice and did not contact me all week is it safe to assume he is just not into me? I am hurt and confused- why suggest we meet up only to not follow through?

At this point I need to force myself to move on unless he actually shows interest but I really liked him and wanted it to work out but we can't even get to date two.

Breadcrumbing. I'd move on; a guy really interested wouldn't forget plans like that and be flaky. Been there, done that. :/

Platinum Member
    Force yourself to move on from what? You went on one date.

After he blew you off on Saturday, you should NOT have contacted him. He showed you who he was at that point and that you were insignificant to him. Please do not that again.

I hope to god that you do not respond if he reaches out. Show yourself some self respect!

lol Move on from thinking about him and wasting my time posting on a forum. I never felt such an instant connection with someone on a first date in my whole life. You think if he attempts to reach out that I shouldn't even bother replying?

Platinum Member
    He blew you off twice. It does not matter if you had a connection. It is concerning that you would have anything to do with someone who has treated you so disrespectfully.
    Do you usually allow men to treat you badly? You do not seem to value yourself very much.

He does not respect you! I cannot believe that you would respond. I would have blocked him.

You already know the answer.

If you have to keep chasing a guy down and reminding him that you exist..he's not interested.

You are wasting your time thinking about it. He might like you enough to chat with you for that long, but if he was interested, he wouldn't have ignored you.

Dating is a tough world, so learn that you gotta have thick skin going in and move on when someone doesn't follow up.

You're right, it's a tough world. I left a 5 year relationship a while ago and put a lot of work in to get over it and finally be able to put myself out there and date again so I am definitely rusty on these things and probably a bit sensitive.

Platinum Member
    You need to instill stronger boundaries. If someone blows you off, be done with them. Do not contact them. They have already shown you who they are. If you see questionable behavior of any kind, do not excuse, but move on. Lastly, stop with the early attachment . It was one date. You did not know this guy. At all!

I sent him one text- that's it. It's not like I blew up his phone. I know now to stop trying. And as far as being attached I never do that. My whole life I've always been skeptical, guarded, hard to open up to people, untrusting. In past relationships it took me months and months to get attached to a guy. For some reason this guy was different and I felt completely myself around him. That's never happened to me upon just meeting someone in my whole life. So yeah, I got a little attached to the idea of dating him further.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice