Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What should I do in this situation?

Platinum Member
    You should not have sent him any text. Why are you not getting this. You do not contact people who blow you off. Period!

Gold Member
    Why would you text a guy who flaked on loosely made plans the day after???

Even IF he got ran over by a bus , was in a coma , it is still up to HIM to contact you.

Have a little self respect. You will get the respect from others willing to only once you respect yourself and your time.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by themoon
    I sent him one text- that's it. It's not like I blew up his phone. I know now to stop trying. And as far as being attached I never do that. My whole life I've always been skeptical, guarded, hard to open up to people, untrusting. In past relationships it took me months and months to get attached to a guy. For some reason this guy was different and I felt completely myself around him. That's never happened to me upon just meeting someone in my whole life. So yeah, I got a little attached to the idea of dating him further.

You probably shared a lot more then intended, felt like he was easy to talk to. All the while he probably didn't really have any interests at all, which you didn't know. Either way, whats done is done, go to the next one.

Rule out flakes like this swiftly. It prevents burn out. Stop communication and keep meeting others. People are meeting a bunch of people, it likely has nothing to do with you.
    Originally Posted by themoon
    Given that he was flaky on plans twice and did not contact me all week is it safe to assume he is just not into me? I am hurt and confused- why suggest we meet up only to not follow through?

If someone blows you off, chalk him off as a flake and don't bother contacting him or accepting contact beyond a profuse apology followed by a request and immediate behavior to make it up to you.

Who blows people off? Drug addicts, alcoholics, and teenagers--or adults who've been stunted into a teenage mentality. None of those would be on your list of desirables, correct?

Don't personalize rejection when dating. Most people are not our match. That's not cynical, it's natural odds. The goal of dating is to find a GOOD match, so whenever someone doesn't own the capacity to view you through the right lens, it speaks of their limits, not as a reflection on you.

Head high, and never settle for mistreatment--from anyone. Raise your bar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice