Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I do with someone I love who disrespected me?

When I say he disrespected me I don't mean he disrespected because he didn't want to have a relationship with me.
    He disrespected me because he kept telling me for several days that he was looking forward to meeting me that day, we made plans which means I changed my plans to meet him. If he didn't want to meet that 'd be perfectly fine we are not together we could have met another time. He disrespected me because he made me make special plans to meet him, then he told me last minute he wasn't able to come anymore & also turned off his phone. This is disrespect towards another human being. And I don't understand why he keeps texting me all the time now this makes no sense.

Platinum Member
    Like we said, he wants to be sure you keep yourself available for sex whenever he decides he wants some.

What YOU can do is show respect toward yourself by blocking his number, then deleting all his nonsense meaningless messages. Then decide you want to be involved with a man who wants YOU, not just a convenient body.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Oceane1990
    When I say he disrespected me I don't mean he disrespected because he didn't want to have a relationship with me.
    He disrespected me because he kept telling me for several days that he was looking forward to meeting me that day, we made plans which means I changed my plans to meet him. If he didn't want to meet that 'd be perfectly fine we are not together we could have met another time. He disrespected me because he made me make special plans to meet him, then he told me last minute he wasn't able to come anymore & also turned off his phone. This is disrespect towards another human being. And I don't understand why he keeps texting me all the time now this makes no sense.
    Then why would you want to continue with this? He has clearly shown that he does not value you. Block and delete him.

Because I have feelings for him & I prefer to focus on positive possibilities rather than just destroying everything.
    I also think that if he didn't care at all he would just block me & not talk to me at all. Why should he waste time on keeping in touch with me while he could just have sex with girls in his town if that's the only thing he wants?
    If he just wanted to keep me available for sex only again it would be weird because we live so far away & we can't have sex any time we want. And when sex was actually available last week he didn't show up!

Why don't you just ask him next time you talk to him if he sees your 'friendship' becoming more than just that. That's the only way you'll know why he keeps texting you.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Oceane1990
    Because I have feelings for him & I prefer to focus on positive possibilities rather than just destroying everything.
    I also think that if he didn't care at all he would just block me & not talk to me at all. Why should he waste time on keeping in touch with me while he could just have sex with girls in his town if that's the only thing he wants?
    If he just wanted to keep me available for sex only again it would be weird because we live so far away & we can't have sex any time we want. And when sex was actually available last week he didn't show up!
    But, he does NOT have feelings for you. He only wants you for occasional sex and some attention (texting). Is this what you classify as a relationship? Where is your self respect?

Have you ever had a proper relationship? Do you not know what a relationship looks like? It is not this. He cares so much that you have not seen him in 3 months.

How do you not know that he does not have a gf? You aren't there! he probably had another date, that is why he did not show up. This is how much he values you.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    Why don't you just ask him next time you talk to him if he sees your 'friendship' becoming more than just that. That's the only way you'll know why he keeps texting you.
    Yes. And tell him that you are in love with him.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Yes. And tell him that you are in love with him.
    Because I'm scared he will feel like I'm putting pressure on him meaning that I'll be requesting a serious relationship right away. Normally you need to meet someone several times before deciding whether you could have a relationship with a
    person or not. But in our case distance makes it complicated to follow the normal path & the only occasion we had to meet got wasted.
    But yeah telling him could be a solution to see how things turn. Thanks

Block him and consider him history. He is a loser. Consider him a bad mistake.

Platinum Member
    Please answer these questions:

Have you ever had a proper relationship? How do you not know that he does not have a gf?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice