LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help!

Platinum Member
    You have known him for a month, that is it. Why doesn't he have any money if he has been working for six weeks? How many dates have you been on? The thing with the ex is bizarre.

If you have a history of picking bad partners, then you should be more careful. There are some red flags with this guy.

No. Trust needs to be earned. After one date, simply observe things. Especially keep things on a level playing field. For example let him pay for the next date, and do not do in home dates until you know his living situation. It's easy, watch for inconsistencies and don't let superficial charm/hormones make decisions for you.
    Originally Posted by bluebutterflie
    I'm asking if I should give him the benefit of the doubt considering how kind and lovely he is to me.

Platinum Member
    I'm just curious to know how you know that the ex was writing stuff about him on social media? Have you been stalking her social media? I think that really the way you should proceed depends on the situation itself. If for example this guy has deleted his ex's number and deleted her from all social media, then he's making an effort to fully cut her off. If you stalked her social media and she's writing stuff about this guy on HER social media, then that's not actually his fault. She could be a vengeful ex because he ended the relationship. It is possible to not have money after six weeks of working if you only get paid once a month and/or you had lots of bills to pay. I'd say give him a second chance but keep an eye on all this and don't pay for dates anymore unless he's paying for some dates too.

At the one month mark this is too much redflags and mess. Even if he's telling the truth given that it's only been 1 month, I'd keep away from the mess. There's not enough emotional investment and attachment in 1 month to willingly go through problematic exes and financial problems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice