LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I being silly

Am I being silly

About 4weeks ago I lent my mate 20.00 and said there was not rush to get it back to me but then my eldest son needed to loan 20 and I had nothing so I asked my mate if she could pay it bk I had previously asked for it and she had said she couldnt afford it so i said not to worry but thr next time she said ill do it now . Few days later I got a message from her saying I had upset her by asking for it bk and she will never lend from me again ! I tried to explain why my son needed it to wicth she replied yours sons problems ain't mine. I apologised for asking for it but it's been nearly two weeks I messaged her saying r we ok and she replied "no not really ! I'm not sure what else to do I have said sorry and even checked in a few days later ?

Wow. That's some friend you have there.

You should write off the loan and then never speak to her again.

I got a message from her saying I had upset her by asking for it bk and she will never lend from me again
    You should have told her you were happy to hear it.

It's not clear, did she pay you back or did she just gaslight you right into this misplaced guilt you are feeling for asking for your own money back? It almost sounds like she's trying to sever the relationship and then never pay you back.

She paid me bk but didn't say she never had it she said she had 40 to last her the week so I said not to worry and she replied no I'll do it now and get it out the way .

I just think she's being childish we r in our 40s and if the situation was reversed I would have just paid it but not got all ty about it .

You should write off the loan and then never speak to her again.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Amanda77
    She paid me bk but didn't say she never had it she said she had 40 to last her the week so I said not to worry and she replied no I'll do it now and get it out the way .
    Then that's, that. You should be happy that she will never "lend from you" again. Just give it time and leave her be for awhile, she'll come around eventually... likely when she needs to borrow again.

Gold Member
    What a shi**y, immature and disrespectful way to act towards you. Really? What is wrong with her? You'd think she'd be more understanding. If I were you, I wouldn't speak with her again because that is no way to treat a friend. Genuine friends don't do things like that.

And, no, you are not being silly by any stretch of the imagination.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Then that's, that. You should be happy that she will never "lend from you" again. Just give it time and leave her be for awhile, she'll come around eventually... likely when she needs to borrow again.
    I hate it when people lend from me.

Originally Posted by sarahlancaster
    i hate it when people lend from me.
    ... :o) ... Oh, yes, hates it!

Platinum Member
    If money is so tight that you canít lend your own son 20 , then you were never really able to lend your friend 20 in the first place. So why did you? Is this friend that important to you?

You lent it to her 4 weeks ago saying no rush to pay it back but it sounds like you asked for it back about a week later?
    Was that before she got paid again?

You were both wrong imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice