LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Am I selfish because I'm not gluten free

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    He said that it does not make him ill. I don't understand why he should cut it out?
    He shouldn't cut it out if he doesn't want to but he DID say that he feels better when he's eating gluten free.

There is a compromise in this situation (like most situations/conflict). Now, if Op doesn't want to cut it out EVER then he needs to, as I've said before, form some boundaries that he won't let his wife cross. Currently, he is enabling the nagging by not shutting it down and making it perfectly clear that her nagging isn't going to convince him to do her "bidding." After all, this whole conflict is about one person trying to control (and failing at it) and the other enabling that attempt by not shutting it down.

Also: Read his post #53.

Op:
    So let's assume you agree gluten is bad for you and the diagnoses are 100% legit, how would you approach this with your significant other?
    Like she is an adult and simply tell her that you will not have this conversation with her again whether it is in front of your daughter or when she is not there. You will be eating gluten occasionally when not around her or your daughter and that is the end of the conversation. If she brings it up again, then suggest the two of you go to marriage counselling to help her see her control issues and misplaced fears about your health. Then... stick to the plan and simply tell her calmly and matter of factly that you have already made a decision and then just change the subject. If the diagnosis was 100% legit and corresponding with her fears then I would do my best to eat little gluten and look for gluten free in te things I like... as in BEER.
    Last edited by ThatwasThen; 05-05-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Gluten CAN be life-threatening to babies and kids with FPIES to wheat and/or gluten: [Register to see the link]

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I know someone anaphylactic to gluten. She developed a gluten anaphylactic reaction after her having gastric bypass. She canít even breathe it in .
    Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    Are there any cases of people having anaphylactic shock from eating gluten?

Platinum Member
    I'm not sure they have one, but check in the grocery store for the balls-free aisle, or just eat and drink what you want to.

Originally Posted by jimthzz
    I'm not sure they have one, but check in the grocery store for the balls-free aisle, or just eat and drink what you want to.
    not funny, not appreciated, not helpful. Seriously, why would you even post that?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by jimthzz
    Originally Posted by DerekM
    not funny, not appreciated, not helpful. Seriously, why would you even post that?

My point was to stand up as a man for your own wants and needs. I don't think you are doing that currently.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Give Advice
Ask For Advice