Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Kinda at a cross roads

Kinda at a cross roads

Iím just throwing this all out here, so here goes. Iíve got an offer on the table from my dad, come back to work for him and in 2 years heíll give me his half of the company, Iíve got a woman that wants me to come home and settle down, weíve got a lot of history 8 years worth of on again off again. Put those two together and itís a string thought in my head. Pros to working on land- home every night, business owner, truck, phone, insurance ( auto and health) and gas paid for, tons of fast paced responsibilities and it pays pretty well and I can smoke some green if I want.
    Cons- wonít be on the boat, daily grind 7-4 Monday - Friday, no more long hunting trips to wherever I decide to go whenever I decide to go there
    Woman - pros..... well Iím still working on that
    Cons- See above
    Or I have options 2 and 3. Option 2 keep on doing what Iím doing, upgrade my license to a 1600grt/10,000itc run the sure enough big boats make stupid money, work 28/28 chase ducks, geese, deer and turkeys all over the North American continent. Pros- absolutely stupid money, time off to chase critters.
    Cons- dealing with the bs of big boats, continueing to being gone all the time, miss more of my sons life, miss more time with Coal, say goodbye to the woman
    Option 3- work out here until my son gets out of school, buy me a fishing boat, run charters all summer, commercial fish, guide duck and deer hunters all winter. Havenít figured up the pros and cons to that plan, itís been many years scince I fished for a living

Curious Cap.
    If the woman wasn't part of the equation, would it change things?
    I only ask because you've come here rather distraught over some things that have gone on between you two.
    Even at best you refer to your relationship as `on again off again'

Figure out 1, 2, 3, 4 etc what's most important to you and then make your decisions according to that, where the least important is numbered at the largest numbers (at the bottom). Go through one by one systematically.

If you don't know what's the most important to you (your top 1 or 2), figure it out before making any moves. Make some decisions, clear out the nonsense (the totally unimportant) and it might help to visualize where you see yourself in the future.

Cap...Is this the same woman you were engaged to, and had an on and off relationship a few years ago?

I like option 3. Do what you love.

Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    Cap...Is this the same woman you were engaged to, and had an on and off relationship a few years ago?
    Yep same one. Itís like the more we try to stay apart the more we get pulled together

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    Curious Cap.
    If the woman wasn't part of the equation, would it change things?
    I only ask because you've come here rather distraught over some things that have gone on between you two.
    Even at best you refer to your relationship as `on again off again'
    No the woman part is just a bonus, it donít factor in the decision making process. Sheíll either be around or she wonít no matter what the final decision is.

If your father needs your help to ease out his last two years, could you help him temporarily, then sell the business and move back to one of the boat options?

Give Advice
Ask For Advice