Kinda at a cross roads

Capttrae

I’m just throwing this all out here, so here goes. I’ve got an offer on the table from my dad, come back to work for him and in 2 years he’ll give me his half of the company, I’ve got a woman that wants me to come home and settle down, we’ve got a lot of history 8 years worth of on again off again. Put those two together and it’s a string thought in my head. Pros to working on land- home every night, business owner, truck, phone, insurance ( auto and health) and gas paid for, tons of fast paced responsibilities and it pays pretty well and I can smoke some green if I want.

Cons- won’t be on the boat, daily grind 7-4 Monday - Friday, no more long hunting trips to wherever I decide to go whenever I decide to go there

Woman - pros..... well I’m still working on that

Cons- See above

Or I have options 2 and 3. Option 2 keep on doing what I’m doing, upgrade my license to a 1600grt/10,000itc run the sure enough big boats make stupid money, work 28/28 chase ducks, geese, deer and turkeys all over the North American continent. Pros- absolutely stupid money, time off to chase critters.

Cons- dealing with the bs of big boats, continueing to being gone all the time, miss more of my sons life, miss more time with Coal, say goodbye to the woman

Option 3- work out here until my son gets out of school, buy me a fishing boat, run charters all summer, commercial fish, guide duck and deer hunters all winter. Haven’t figured up the pros and cons to that plan, it’s been many years scince I fished for a living

Figure out 1, 2, 3, 4 etc what's most important to you and then make your decisions according to that, where the least important is numbered at the largest numbers (at the bottom). Go through one by one systematically.

If you don't know what's the most important to you (your top 1 or 2), figure it out before making any moves. Make some decisions, clear out the nonsense (the totally unimportant) and it might help to visualize where you see yourself in the future.

Curious Cap.

If the woman wasn't part of the equation, would it change things?

I only ask because you've come here rather distraught over some things that have gone on between you two.

Even at best you refer to your relationship as `on again off again'

No the woman part is just a bonus, it don’t factor in the decision making process. She’ll either be around or she won’t no matter what the final decision is.

Archived