My grandpa passed today

Hi all, my beloved grandpa passed away today peacefully and surrounded by loved ones. It’s hitting me hard and I wish I could just talk to him one more time.

When I tucked my daughter into bed (she’s 2) she said that grandpa is night night. Why and how I don’t understand, and while I’m not overly spiritual, it’s giving me great comfort somehow.

Please, if you can, have a toast to him as he travels on. It’ll mean a lot somehow if different parts of the world are thinking about this wonderful man today. That is all. Thank you.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Big hug! I never really thought about what happens after you die until someone I knew did. It seems like everyone spends so much time planning for everything else; what college they’re going to go to, where to live, who to marry, how many kids to have. But no one thinks much about death and that happens to all of us. When my mom passed away I went to GriefShare. Have you ever heard of it? It’s offered nationwide so there’s a good chance there’s one in your area. I met people who were going through the same emotions there that I was and I no longer felt so alone. I was also given the tools I needed to start the healing process. I think the videos are online too. I’ll be praying for you and your family this week, for God’s comfort and peace.

Archived