LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just found out my fiance cheated on me years ago

Just found out my fiance cheated on me years ago

My fiance and I had a rough start... We were both married and cheated with one another. She left her husband and I left my wife. That was 3 years ago. We have been inseparable since.
    Today, I found out that she slept with someone else 1 year into our relationship. We are now engaged.
    Should I let it go or not? I want to, but it's killing me to think that she did this, even though I know she did it to her husband before me... Am I way off base for being pissed?

You're surprised?

You start a relationship with a cheater, you should expect that behavior to continue.

When she gets bored with you, she will look around and go with someone else. A relationship or marriage won't stop her. She's already proven that to you.

If they cheat with you, they'll cheat on you. There are always consequences, which now fall on the both of you. The chances of this relationship going forward are slim to none, (imo).

Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    If they cheat with you, they'll cheat on you. There are always consequences, which now fall on the both of you. The chances of this relationship going forward are slim to none, (imo).
    I agree...

If she'll do it with you, she'll do it to you.

Platinum Member
    How you got 'em is how you'll lose 'em.

Silver Member
    You reap what you sow.

Platinum Member
    I know it’s really tempting to get caught up in the energy and romance of it all - and I’m sure that you are very invested in that narrative (at least for yourself) - that the cheating the two of you did together was «out of character» and a result of «soul mates», etc... and heck - maybe that is true for you - but she has clearly shown that this is not true for her.

She has proven that cheating is NOT «out of character» for her - but rather very much IN character for her.

She cheated on him. She cheated on you. And yes, of course, she will cheat on you again. I mean... none of us have a cristal ball but - yes - that’s where i’d put my money for sure.

The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.

She betrayed you. You are no better but two wrongs don't make a right. How did you find out?

How did you find this out? Who did she cheat with? Her husband or an other lover? Can you talk to her about it. Hold off getting married unless you are willing to have an open relationship.
    Originally Posted by Rbeeson
    My fiance and I had a rough start... We were both married and cheated with one another.
    Today, I found out that she slept with someone else 1 year into our relationship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice