Happy Birthday To Me

Planning to take control of my life and be more positive. Any suggestions?

This is a wonderful gift to give to yourself, and happy birthday. I found it helpful to consider the first year after a breakup to be one of reclaiming my own milestones and holidays.

I took baby steps to explore new interests. I made a lot of commitments to help people in my life who I love but had neglected during my relationship. I helped with their projects, chores, errands, or treated them to meals, events or fun things to create good memories for them while I wasn't too cable of enjoying much myself.

This built stronger bonds and helped me to 'normalize' while lifting me to feeling valued. This helped me to feel stronger and more confident over time, and it boosted my ability to pursue new interests and friendships that rounded out my life. From there, dating became optional instead of mandatory. There's a different feel to dating for enjoyment rather than a hunt, and it's the best platform for screening out bad matches rather than latching onto them in the hope of changing them just to avoid being alone.

Head high, and I hope that this will become your best year ever.

Happy birthday, forlofeluv!

Planning to take control of my life and be more positive. Any suggestions?

I am a big believer in "you reap what you sow". Love people, be kind to them, treat them well, smile, look at the bright side whenever possible, be generous, engage in things that are fun for you, etc. Do so continuously and you'll see positivity blossom in your life.

Archived