Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Happy Birthday To Me

Happy Birthday To Me

Today is my birthday and I feel so down. I don’t know why. I’m a little depressed considering this time last year I was in a “relationship” or comfortship. Planning to take control of my life and be more positive. Any suggestions?

Platinum Member
    Start by realising that being in a relationship is not what constitutes to happiness.

Happy birthday!!!
    Up to you whether you celebrate or commiserate.

Originally Posted by forlofeluv
    Planning to take control of my life and be more positive. Any suggestions?
    This is a wonderful gift to give to yourself, and happy birthday. I found it helpful to consider the first year after a breakup to be one of reclaiming my own milestones and holidays.

I took baby steps to explore new interests. I made a lot of commitments to help people in my life who I love but had neglected during my relationship. I helped with their projects, chores, errands, or treated them to meals, events or fun things to create good memories for them while I wasn't too cable of enjoying much myself.

This built stronger bonds and helped me to 'normalize' while lifting me to feeling valued. This helped me to feel stronger and more confident over time, and it boosted my ability to pursue new interests and friendships that rounded out my life. From there, dating became optional instead of mandatory. There's a different feel to dating for enjoyment rather than a hunt, and it's the best platform for screening out bad matches rather than latching onto them in the hope of changing them just to avoid being alone.

Head high, and I hope that this will become your best year ever.

Platinum Member
    Happy Birthday!

Celebrate! It’s your day! A relationship will come when the timing is right.

Platinum Member
    Happy Birthday!

Go out with friends! Why do you need a partner to celebrate or make you happy, this should come from you? You can choose to celebrate or feel sorry for yourself.

Bronze Member
    Happy birthday, forlofeluv!

Planning to take control of my life and be more positive. Any suggestions?
    I am a big believer in "you reap what you sow". Love people, be kind to them, treat them well, smile, look at the bright side whenever possible, be generous, engage in things that are fun for you, etc. Do so continuously and you'll see positivity blossom in your life.

Happy Birthday forlofeluv! I'm sorry you feel so down.

Give yourself time to heal. Surround yourself with good people.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice