Does she possibly like me?

Phil11

I am pretty bad in terms of girls and I have never really dated a girl (only hook ups that were mostly initiated by girls since I am really shy when it comes to making the first move). Anyways, there is this girl that I have been friends with for a few month now.

I never really know what she wants, like we are cuddling and all that and while we were cuddling she looked at me and said something along the lines "normally I don't do stuff like this with friends". I would consider that a pretty good sign? She also laughs a lot around me and has this "flirty laugh" going on. Like this cute/nervous laughing if you know what I mean?

But then there are also times I don't really know what she wants. Like I was with her and some friends and said that I wanna go out (she and my friends don't like going out tooo much), so my friends were like: "Stay please" but she was like: "Oh yeah go out, you don't have to stay". Like why? Also I talked about a another girl with a friend and she was around and was joined me and my friend and said "oh yeah you should totally hook up with that girl". Like what?

She also never asks me to come out with her (or her friends). It's mostly me or when she is a bigger group always her friend would ask me if I wanna join them. Never she herself.

Like what do I take from this? Is she shy? Or is she simply not into me?

*Edit* We kinda went on a date? Like we both didn't call it date but she told her friends and they wanted to come but we both said we wanted to be alone?

Maybe she is just trying to play "cool"

If you like her, ask her out on a real date, you will know then. Women like a man who can take initiative and be assertive... If you are too shy for this, then just text her telling her that you like her, but be ready also for her to possibly reject you.

I believe in putting yourself out there when you find someone worth your time

How old are you two?

She could be testing you to see if you're interested. If not pursue her. Ask her out on a real date. If she's wishy washy and you're beginning to like her perhaps you need to reevaluate things so that you don't get hurt.

I'd still try pursing her first before throwing in the towel.

Good luck.

We are both second year university students!

The reason why I am asking is because about a month or two ago she said that we both would be friends (she told me; after a friend asked if we would be dating) but I do see these signs and I do not see them when she is with other people. She does not behave like a friend to me. She is too flirty/shy in my opinion. If we would be good friends, why would she never ask me to hang out? And there are many more times when she flirted with me.

The problem is: I either wanna try and pursue it or just leave her completly (cause if that's actually her way of friendship, I don't like it).

The best thing to do is stop looking for "signs" and simply ask her out on a real date. You know...make a plan, ask her in advance and make it clear it's a date. Make it a one-on-one date that you initiate. Hanging out and cuddling is not a date, try not to friendzone yourself with that type of behavior.

while we were cuddling she looked at me and said something along the lines "normally I don't do stuff like this with friends". She also never asks me to come out with her (or her friends)
I am pretty bad in terms of girls and I have never really dated a girl (only hook ups that were mostly initiated by girls since I am really shy when it comes to making the first move). Anyways, there is this girl that I have been friends with for a few month now.

I never really know what she wants, like we are cuddling and all that and while we were cuddling she looked at me and said something along the lines "normally I don't do stuff like this with friends". I would consider that a pretty good sign? She also laughs a lot around me and has this "flirty laugh" going on. Like this cute/nervous laughing if you know what I mean?

But then there are also times I don't really know what she wants. Like I was with her and some friends and said that I wanna go out (she and my friends don't like going out tooo much), so my friends were like: "Stay please" but she was like: "Oh yeah go out, you don't have to stay". Like why? Also I talked about a another girl with a friend and she was around and was joined me and my friend and said "oh yeah you should totally hook up with that girl". Like what?

She also never asks me to come out with her (or her friends). It's mostly me or when she is a bigger group always her friend would ask me if I wanna join them. Never she herself.

Like what do I take from this? Is she shy? Or is she simply not into me?

*Edit* We kinda went on a date? Like we both didn't call it date but she told her friends and they wanted to come but we both said we wanted to be alone?

It sounds like you're both testing each other (or teasing each other) but you're too young to tell the difference and just creating confusion. Your interactions are completely normal and fine in my books. She's testing to see your reaction at what else you have to say about the other girl and you're testing her by talking about another girl around her! This is called playing the game, my friend. Just be cool and enjoy your time together. I'd suggest you up your game a little and take her out one on one without the peanut gallery of your friends in tow. Ask her out, treat her like a lady and walk the talk.

It sounds like you're both testing each other (or teasing each other) but you're too young to tell the difference and just creating confusion. Your interactions are completely normal and fine in my books. She's testing to see your reaction at what else you have to say about the other girl and you're testing her by talking about another girl around her! This is called playing the game, my friend. Just be cool and enjoy your time together. I'd suggest you up your game a little and take her out one on one without the peanut gallery of your friends in tow. Ask her out, treat her like a lady and walk the talk.

I do have to say I might have brought up the girl on purpose to see her reaction. When we went out we were alone, her friends didn't come since we both said we wanna be alone. I am not gonna see her for a few month (summer break in uni). We facetimed once already for quite sometime (even though she is only gone for a week). I will ask her out the week we come back and will just keep in touch with her over the summer.

Also she didn't tell me about all her boys stories which I found out by accident. She told me about some parties but never about the boys that were there. I only heard the stories about her and boys from her friends that I talk to. I guess that's good.

Archived