We aren’t dating but we really like each other

Cdlove

This guy and i have been talking for a month but have known each other for a while now. We feel really attracted to each other. I had my first kiss just recently with him but we aren’t dating yet. (I’m still pretty young, 17 years old) Is it okay to do that ? I really wanted to wait until I dated him but at the same time i had a feeling like I wanted to kiss him too (because he also wanted to). Lmao i’m still a bit new in relationships but he has been in relationships before. I feel like the more im with him the more i want to see him in person.

I think its very sweet that you wanted to wait to kiss until you were officially dating.

You ask if it's okay to do that, well, it depends... everyone has their own boundaries, standards and values. Whatever yours are, make sure you stick to them. It's important when if something doesn't feel right to follow one's gut.

Ask him what he thinks of dating, you may have your answer there, is he older than you?

Yes, he is older than me just by a few months. I think he does want to date me too because he says he wants to take his time as well! Which im glad he respects me and my decision too when I said I wanted to take it slow. And yes, I do my best to keep my boundaries as well since I am not very experiences lol @Afireblue

See how it goes and hold back if you don't feel comfortable doing anything. When you meet someone for the first time it's about learning about your boundaries and limits. Do not be afraid to check for limits and boundaries and establish your own. You are not obligated to do anything you don't feel comfortable with and neither is he. Don't agree to go to places you have even a slight hesitation on. Feel free and strong enough to make other suggestions and it's important you make each other feel welcome to speak and communicate clearly. Appreciate each other and start learning about each other. Do not be afraid.

Archived