Open Club  ·  87 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Rainy Days

Camber 2019

I love rain, Camber.

Each one of us has an element we relate to (in my belief) earth, wind, fire, water. I am water.

I feel calmer around it, the ocean is healing for me. I love how the rain refreshes everything, how it makes the grass so green.The sound of the rain, even a gentle rain storm can be so relaxing to fall asleep to. The petrichor smell..it's absolutely intoxicating. Yes, I really do love the rain. :)

Rain for weeks on end might be a bit too much, but that's with everything, isn't it? Even sunshine burns if you get too much.

Without rain, there is no life. And it can mean sadness, just as much as it can mean growth. It is life essential.

I’m a Florida girl. We get sunshine and summer rain so I honestly like a mix of Both! It’s soo hot here in the summer but the winter time sunshine is truly the best. I agree though, rainy days are definitely nice for being cozy, lazy or just doing homey stuff💕

I dislike getting drenched and I find umbrellas are useless when it's windy and / or pouring. Perhaps I haven't found the right one.

As to why I enjoy rainy days as long as I don't have to be anywhere important. It's a great excuse to curl up with a good book and a warm beverage. Besides, the sound of rain is absolutely beautiful!! Oooh! Plus, I appreciate the need for rain so we have enough water.

Having said that, I'll always be a somewhat dry summer / spring lady.

I dislike getting drenched and I find umbrellas are useless when it's windy and / or pouring. Perhaps I haven't found the right one.

As to why I enjoy rainy days as long as I don't have to be anywhere important. It's a great excuse to curl up with a good book and a warm beverage. Besides, the sound of rain is absolutely beautiful!! Oooh! Plus, I appreciate the need for rain so we have enough water.

Having said that, I'll always be a somewhat dry summer / spring lady.

LOL... I hate getting soaked. That's why I like being inside and listening to the storm outside!

I luv the rain, provided it doesn’t rain all of the time.

I immediately feel relaxed whenever I hear it, and I particularly luv waking up to it on a Saturday morning after a long work week.

There’s something therapeutic about it, at least for me.

I love rainy days as long as I'm not stuck in traffic!

I love rainy days if I can stay home and bake cookies.

On rainy days, I do chores, too, constantly organize everyday, declutter, quite productive and industrious.

I'm happier on sunnier days, exercise more outdoors and love warm weather if it's not too hot, of course.

I get more depressed on gloomy, overcast, cloudy days. When the sun is out, my mood is more upbeat.

I love the rain because the air is clean and the hills turn green. Flowers bloom and it's beautiful outside.

Commuting in the rain is another story . . . :upset:

I like rainy days in the evening/night. I enjoy laying down in my nice bed and listening to the pitter/patter of the rain on the window. During the day, not so much. I do have some inside chores and activities but I'll do them when I want, regardless of weather. I don't like that rain during the day (especially on a day off) confines me to the indoors.

I bought a white noise machine recently due to the fact that my apartment is in quite a noisey area. It has a really good thunderstorm/rain sound. Helps me enormously with sleeping. It allows me to enjoy that aspect of rain that I like, without actually having to deal with that sort of weather. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Love love love rainy days! Living in Arizona I always welcome a day of cloudy weather. Then at night I love it when the rain bounces off the covered parking at my apartment. Talk about a soothing sound. If I really feel the need, I found some play lists on Apple Music that I listen to when going to sleep. Sounds of rain in different environments with some thunder.

Archived