LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you Task Oriented?

Are you Task Oriented?

I love to make lists, get things done and then cross them off the list!

I have accumulated so many toys in my life (sailboat, motorcycle, vintage sports car, Gator...) but I find that I enjoy working on them far more than actually using them! Thanks how I get my ya-ya's...

Anyone else like that, or am I a strange bird?

Platinum Member
    Sorry to sound like a broken record ("after I had a kid") but after I had a kid much more so. I need to be on autopilot school mornings for the mad rush to the school bus -and my goal is -mostly successful -to make it relatively calm for my son. Hence, my lists - a post it with the most mundane tasks but that way if my routine gets thrown off I have the list as a back up. And yes it's rewarding! I also make lists and reminders on my phone. When I was a kid and kept an old fashioned diary I made lists of goals -did you?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I donít make physical lists . Priorities can change depending upon time constraints . I make constantly fluctuating lists in my head .

Platinum Member
    I cannot function without my calendar or lists. My memory sucks.

I don't understand how your "toys" relate to being task oriented? It sounds like you are bragging.

Me! I think I like organizing things more than anything...LOL.

Originally Posted by Hollyj

I don't understand how your "toys" relate to being task oriented? It sounds like you are bragging.
    Oh, don't be like that! Not bragging at all - they are all used, cheap and required renovation, hours of work! My point is... I enjoy working on them more than using them - get it? Make lists, check things off, polish the fenders... you sound like you're looking for an argument. Not getting one here. This was intended to be a FUN thread!

Originally Posted by Hollyj

Methinks someone is looking for an arguement. Can we not just have fun here. Did someone say JUDGMENTAL?

Originally Posted by Camber 2019
    Methinks someone is looking for an arguement. Can we not just have fun here. Did someone say JUDGMENTAL?
    Just a small reminder, this is a Relationship Advice forum. Your fun threads are maybe better suited to the Off Topic forum.

Originally Posted by Capricorn3
    Just a small reminder, this is a Relationship Advice forum. Your fun threads are maybe better suited to the Off Topic forum.
    Uh, this is personal growth. I thought it would be nice to share feelings about positive things. Am I only supposed to post poor me threads?

Originally Posted by Camber 2019
    Uh, this is personal growth. I thought it would be nice to share feelings about positive things. Am I only supposed to post poor me threads?
    Youíre not asking anything that needs an answer to help you personally. Thatís the distinction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice