Are you Task Oriented?

Camber 2019

I love to make lists, get things done and then cross them off the list!

I have accumulated so many toys in my life (sailboat, motorcycle, vintage sports car, Gator...) but I find that I enjoy working on them far more than actually using them! Thanks how I get my ya-ya's...

Anyone else like that, or am I a strange bird?

Sorry to sound like a broken record ("after I had a kid") but after I had a kid much more so. I need to be on autopilot school mornings for the mad rush to the school bus -and my goal is -mostly successful -to make it relatively calm for my son. Hence, my lists - a post it with the most mundane tasks but that way if my routine gets thrown off I have the list as a back up. And yes it's rewarding! I also make lists and reminders on my phone. When I was a kid and kept an old fashioned diary I made lists of goals -did you?

I cannot function without my calendar or lists. My memory sucks.

I don't understand how your "toys" relate to being task oriented? It sounds like you are bragging.

Oh, don't be like that! Not bragging at all - they are all used, cheap and required renovation, hours of work! My point is... I enjoy working on them more than using them - get it? Make lists, check things off, polish the fenders... you sound like you're looking for an argument. Not getting one here. This was intended to be a FUN thread!

I cannot function without my calendar or lists. My memory sucks.

I don't understand how your "toys" relate to being task oriented? It sounds like you are bragging.

Methinks someone is looking for an arguement. Can we not just have fun here. Did someone say JUDGMENTAL?

You’re not asking anything that needs an answer to help you personally. That’s the distinction.

Really? You don't think I wonder if this is a normal characteristic? Perhaps because it does not involve another person it is not something I should post? I guess I misunderstood the purpose of this site...

But I have had people say there are at least two different types of people. Those who enjoy doing things, and those who enjoy getting things done. Sometimes I worry that I am missing out on the enjoying part!

I didn't read your initial post like that at all and because in my life "getting things done" has nothing to do with fixing things or tinkering with things -just not my lifestyle -so I also wasn't sure what toys even meant and what your listing of those things even meant. I think many people enjoy the process of working on things and the process is what is enjoyable -and that counts as doing things.

Sounds like you are goal oriented, as in I want to get x and you enjoy the journey and the work required to get x, but once you get x, goal achieved and life becomes dull and without purpose until you find another goal to chase after. Quite normal actually. Lots of people like that out there.

Sounds like you are goal oriented, as in I want to get x and you enjoy the journey and the work required to get x, but once you get x, goal achieved and life becomes dull and without purpose until you find another goal to chase after. Quite normal actually. Lots of people like that out there.

THAT'S IT CHARLIE BROWN!!!! LoL...

Oh, don't be like that! Not bragging at all - they are all used, cheap and required renovation, hours of work! My point is... I enjoy working on them more than using them - get it? Make lists, check things off, polish the fenders... you sound like you're looking for an argument. Not getting one here. This was intended to be a FUN thread!

I think it's both for me. I like working on things (the journey) and also the outcome. They go hand in hand. Part of remaining fulfilled in life is learning how to be thankful and appreciative for all the blessings, big and small, and all the experiences, journey or outcome. When I was younger I was more interested in the journey and how exciting the 'getting there' is. Of late, I have shifted my focus to appreciating all the things I have accomplished looking back and feeling very grateful for everything. I'd say I'm task or results-oriented but tend to have my eyes on the big picture.

Others might differ but I don't feel it's healthy when there isn't a balance between the two. I've seen it create a lot of issues in the long run.

I make "to do" lists, too and very much task oriented. I tend to be very organized by nature. I do not enjoy living in a state of chaos. I'm very orderly. I've always been this way. I can't think straight if I were to live in a state of chaos.

I'm very good at decluttering and organize constantly. It makes my life neater and more practical.

No, you're not a strange bird. Birds of a feather flock together!

• 5 months later...

Archived