Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is my girlfriend crazy/ unreasonable??????

it is for my own protection, and i have the right to do that.

Originally Posted by bundaberg
    I want to record calls from their mother for my own safety. That is a very reasonable use of the call recorder.
    So then itís safe to say that you have unresolved control issues with your ex and she has unresolved domestic violence issues from her ex and you two have created a messy codependent soup where youíre battling each other over who on the internet sides with you rather than facing the reality that you just arenít good for each other and quite possibly anybody else until you both heal...

Platinum Member
    it is for my own protection, and i have the right to do that.
    Why do you have to protect yourself from a woman who live four hours away? I thought you wanted to record conversations with your kid to have keepsake of their voice. Clearly this is not the case.

This is exactly why im paranoid... even you, someone who doesnt know me suspects i have a hidden agenda. I have issues with her posting misleading information on the internet, and giving me no opportunity to explain or give information that supports my situation. I am not responsible for informing my caller that they are being recorded.. it is legal so they are to assume they may be recorded, or they can ask. My GF knows, she has told me she doesn't mind... and i have told her I would not record her calls if thats what she wants, and she declined that offer. What more can I do without missing out on the benefit i get from recording my calls for a legitimate reason?

I never said she lived four hours away, and i never said i wanted recordings for a keepsake... see... this is why i do it.

Platinum Member
    This is exactly why im paranoid... even you, someone who doesnt know me suspects i have a hidden agenda. I have issues with her posting misleading information on the internet, and giving me no opportunity to explain or give information that supports my situation. I am not responsible for informing my caller that they are being recorded.. it is legal so they are to assume they may be recorded, or they can ask. My GF knows, she has told me she doesn't mind... and i have told her I would not record her calls if thats what she wants, and she declined that offer. What more can I do without missing out on the benefit i get from recording my calls for a legitimate reason?

Well...you are posting anonymously here for advice. We have no way of knowing your name, your age -- we don't care. If she posts anonymously herself --- why is that so disturbing to you?

What more can you do? Delete the app. If you are that paranoid about your ex - communicate only in writing - emails, documents through a mediator, or text. For business calls say "hang on, i want to write this down..." or "where can i find this information listed if i want to read it later"

Why did she decline. My ex used to yell and me and belittle me to the point that i would be in tears, and would turn around and say "am i abusive to you?" i would tearfully shake my head - why? because if i said "yes" - what would happen -- he could have not accepted it and pushed me out of the car or something. I said no because i just wanted to get out of the conversation and de-escalate the situation.

i want calls recorded so i have evidence if accusations are made against me. I have a valid reason for doing this that I do not need to publicize.

I never said she lived four hours away, and i never said i wanted recordings for a keepsake... see... this is why i do it.
    "I have been doing this for over three years as I don't want to miss calls from my children"

Platinum Member
    Why haven't you seen your kids in four years??

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by RainyCoast
    "I have been doing this for over three years as I don't want to miss calls from my children"

The whole thing is weird.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice