Im broken

Madamlost

Well.....Define 'Normal'....?

I've had my heart ripped out many, many, MANY times....I find myself finding it hard to believe that any relationship of mine is going to last these days...or if I even care anymore....

So perhaps you and I are as 'normal' as each other....

:)

No, it is NOT normal. Please look at your choice in partners in the past and try and learn from your mistakes. If everyone has caused you pain, you're making the same mistakes over and over again. Don't beat yourself up over it but you do owe it to yourself to pick yourself up off the ground and start taking a closer look at your own personal choices. It's also not normal to not to know who you are. You should know who you are deep down and remain true to your beliefs.

I'd suggest you take care of yourself and if you can't do that on your own, speak to a healthcare professional or see if you have access to free counselling sessions. Work on your self-esteem and don't be afraid to develop your own ideas and concepts between right and wrong.

We are all here to help! Is it normal? Yes, absolutely. I sometimes feel as if life would be easier with no family, friends, or partners. It sure would prevent you from getting your heart broken, but is it worth the loneliness?

It's like people who want to stay in bed because they are afraid something might go wrong if they get up and out there... but that's what life is all about, getting out there, despite all the possibilities of something going wrong.

I once heard of a woman who decided to stay in bed because she was afraid something would go wrong if she got up... then the ceiling fan above her bed fell on her.

In time you will get past this, trust us - you will!

Thankyou for the replies. I myself considered that it was my choice in partner, I tried to open myself to different people. I even opened myself up to a relationship with a close friend of nearly 20 years. Everytime I let someone close something goes wrong and they leave, or I do.

I recently fell in love with a man. This was something I've never experienced before, something that made me question whether Ive ever loved anyone before him. Within a few weeks I watched his life fall apart. This amazingly confident guy who made me feel something so strong became an emotional wreck. Watching him sob the last night we were together scared me.

I feel like im cursed, like I'm not suppose to be happy.

Im having counselling, trying to understand me, and why Im so broken.

It doesn't help.. It just muddles it all up.

Its left me with this belief that love doesn't exist.. At least not for me.

I just wanted to know I wasn't alone..

It has nothing to do with luck or not being lovable, it has to do with your poor choices. Stop seeing yourself as a victim, and address what type of people you have been attracted to, and why. You are the common denominator.

This guy did not sound stable, you didn't have a chance. I'm certain that there were red flags that you choose to ignore, and got involved with him.

Good that you are seeking therapy, so that you will get to an emotionally healthy place and choose better partners, not projects. Falling "in love" within a couple of weeks is concerning.

Thankyou for the replies. I myself considered that it was my choice in partner, I tried to open myself to different people. I even opened myself up to a relationship with a close friend of nearly 20 years. Everytime I let someone close something goes wrong and they leave, or I do.

I recently fell in love with a man. This was something I've never experienced before, something that made me question whether Ive ever loved anyone before him. Within a few weeks I watched his life fall apart. This amazingly confident guy who made me feel something so strong became an emotional wreck. Watching him sob the last night we were together scared me.

It doesn't help.. It just muddles it all up.

Its left me with this belief that love doesn't exist.. At least not for me.

I just wanted to know I wasn't alone..

You sound depressed beyond what anyone here can help you with. Please see a professional psychologist or someone trained to treat depression. I fully believe that depression is real and it affects people more than we know. I don't believe in keeping mum about it or shoving it aside or ignoring it. I have never felt it myself so I've really don't know how to advise you nor would I venture to say getting support from an online forum is safe or sound. You need professional help. See someone who can help you work through what triggers your depressive states and work through why your sense of self is so destroyed. Stop associating with men or women who don't promote your sense of self and who have issues of their own to deal with. You should get that help that you need before you start dating or introducing anyone into your life.

Get to a doctor for a check up. Rule out issues that require a medical workup and treatment if talk therapy is going nowhere. However continue therapy for follow up. Keep in mind nothing is a magic bullet to redirect self defeating thoughts and behaviors like this.

It's "normal" to feel upset after a breakup but it's not in your best interest to globalize negativity and indulge in helplessness, hopelessness, ruminating and this degree of pessimism. Keep in mind also that your negative depressing attitude is causing relationship issues, not the other way around. Only you can change that.

It doesn't help..

Archived