Do I tell my friend I like her? AGH

myanmardesca

Im a senior in high school preparing to leave for college in a few months. I have had a crush on a close friend for upwards of a year (off and on, but mostly on), but never acted on it because she was in a relationship and then I began dating someone myself a while back. We've both been single for all of this year, however. We have a great friendship, we're both pretty independent and ambitious but we love working with each other. Its always a lot of fun to goof around or just sit and talk and hang out. She's kind, she's pretty, she's down to earth...

And it's starting to drive me crazy. We went to our winter formal together as friends and are planning to go to prom as well. Im not sure if she really thinks anything of the times like that that weve shared but theyve been very confusing for me. Especially as of late, with graduation approaching. We are not gonna be attending college that close to each other and I know long distance relationships are tough, but I still want to tell her how I feel about her. I wonder if my feelings are just intensifying because we arent going to be seeing much of each other soon, but for some reason i just want to come clean to her. Is it worth it? Im not expecting a relationship, I just hate the thought of keeping it to myself forever...

If I were in her shoes and I had been single this whole year and you asked me "as friends" to the prom - i would feel like leftovers - like you didn't consider me someone you would date until you were out of other options.

I really think because you don't want a relationship with her, I would not make any confession. But that's just me.

I don't see anything wrong with it. But I think you should expect the worst - this means that her feelings are reciprocated and you end up in a complicated long distance relationship that neither of you are happy with in the long run. Prepare for the worst and do whatever you want. You're young. Just don't mess up your plans after graduation.

• 3 months later...

Archived