She doesnt acknowledge relationship on social media

Dudeathome

Ive known this girl for over 20 years, just recently we hooked up... now three months later she is constantly telling me how much she loves me and misses me (we are a LD Relationship) but yet never has done anything to mention us on her instagram , she has photos of her with other men and such on her instagram but I just find it odd that she says how much she is in love yet not even a hashtag in over 2 months , me on the other hand posted some photos of us on my instagram and she didnt follow suit... also this girl has about 20 guys she is in contact with on a daily basis of some sort... my other question is would you be comfortable with a girl that has that many male friends, she even has a guy who is her shoulder to cry on when we get in fights... also I find it very strange that she is in contact with every bf she has ever had that will talk to her.. all the way back to the 7th grade and she is 40...

She's not the girl for you so why are you wasting good dating opportunities for a woman that NEEDS the attention of a bunch of men from the internet. Find someone closer to you where you can nurture the relationship one-on-one, face to face, someone who has less of a need to collect men.

Ive known this girl for over 20 years, just recently we hooked up... now three months later she is constantly telling me how much she loves me and misses me (we are a LD Relationship) but yet never has done anything to mention us on her instagram , she has photos of her with other men and such on her instagram but I just find it odd that she says how much she is in love yet not even a hashtag in over 2 months , me on the other hand posted some photos of us on my instagram and she didnt follow suit... also this girl has about 20 guys she is in contact with on a daily basis of some sort... my other question is would you be comfortable with a girl that has that many male friends, she even has a guy who is her shoulder to cry on when we get in fights... also I find it very strange that she is in contact with every bf she has ever had that will talk to her.. all the way back to the 7th grade and she is 40...

So question...is this a LD relationship as in you both see eachother regularly but live far away or is this an online based relationship?

I also find it odd that a man in his 40’s cares so much about being acknowledged on social media.

Thank you.

I mean, I'm sorry you're a bit confused, or at least feigning some confusion on matters that aren't confusing at all. Those matters, real quick: This woman likes male attention, courts it in pixels, you're one in a constellation, that's that. Shrug emoji, as the kids say without words. Or maybe the combo of smirking purple devil emoji and woman dancing in red dress emoji. Or, if you prefer: #letsberealz #takeitorleaveit

But brother?

Let's turn the lens away from her and onto you. You are a grown man measuring the depth of your connection with someone, their feelings for you, and the reality of your relationship through hashtags and Instagram? That's your truth right now, at this moment in time? How's that feel? What's up with that? Palm in face emoji, if you catch my drift. #smh #notarelationship

Best advice I can give you is to remember that #yolo and ask yourself if this is the way you want to live that one life you're living?

Maybe because she post everything she does all day except going to the bathroom.... So Holly if you had two sisters and your parents only posted them on instagram in the family photos it wouldnt bother you?? lol

I don't do social media. I think it is a waste of time.

You need to look at the big picture. This woman has A LOT of admirers. She is an attention seeker. This is where your focus should be.

i would also think that she was narcissistic for posting all of her activities, all day long. Teenage girls do that, not forty-year-old women. How ridiculous. Doesn't she have a job?

I don't think it's worth bringing up because this is her MO. It's just how she works, Dude. To criticize it or question it at this point when a person is already 40 is just asking for trouble. Why would you want all that extra work in the first place over something so superficial and petty? I can understand if you're discussing cohabitation or homes together or discussing marriage or immigrating together to another country. But this? All that extra breath over social media? I don't think so. You're not compatible and it's best not to go there. She'll perceive you as insecure and needy and you'll be embarrassed or feel even lower about yourself than you already do about the situation. I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole and let her go. She's free to do as she pleases too.

Seriously, making a relationship "official" on social media doesn't stop someone from straying.

Why is it so important to you for this relationship to be on social media? Have you made your previous relationships "official" on social media? Also, what's so special about being featured on a hashtag? I'd rather focus on deepening the human connection you share. Then again, I've never really cared too much about social media as to why I probably don't get the hype of having to be social media "official".

Seriously, making a relationship "official" on social media doesn't stop someone from straying.

Why is it so important to you for this relationship to be on social media? Have you made your previous relationships "official" on social media? Also, what's so special about being featured on a hashtag? I'd rather focus on deepening the human connection you share. Then again, I've never really cared too much about social media as to why I probably don't get the hype of having to be social media "official".

I also wonder that whichnia why I asked was this an online long distance or real life long distance relationship but it was ignored

I also wonder that whichnia why I asked was this an online long distance or real life long distance relationship but it was ignored

He said this

“She is a flight attendant and I will see her maybe 4 days at the beginning of the month , she gets the first ten days off....”

I don't think the actual problem is her not acknowledging the relationship on social media - my husband has a nominal profile on facebook and I'm not even sure it says "married" -that's how little I care. Mine does but it doesn't link to his profile because he only wants a nominal presence. The real issue is whether or not social media exists she is a person who craves and wants lots of male attention -that is flattering to her looks and desirability. Some partners would be really turned on by that and/or would want to be able to do the same with female attention. But it doesn't work for you (it wouldn't work for me, either). That's all you need to know IMO.

I don't see the difference from being hidden in real life and being hidden on social media. I think your concern is valid. I also would be concerned about the sheer amount of male attention she seems to require. In short, I think if these are red flags to you, then treat them as such. Whatever other people think is less important. You decide the rules in your life.

Archived