Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bjjbob

Abitbroken- I got full custody 2 yrs ago. Before that 50/50. I will continue to be there for him. If he finds friends to room with I will help him transition and check on him daily or as much as he needs. But he is my son and I would not ask anyone to be thrown into a caretaker position.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by BJJBOB
    Abitbroken- I got full custody 2 yrs ago. Before that 50/50. I will continue to be there for him. If he finds friends to room with I will help him transition and check on him daily or as much as he needs. But he is my son and I would not ask anyone to be thrown into a caretaker position.
    How do you take care of your son 150% when she is home during the day and you worked outside of the home?
    Also, having a third adult in the home changes the dynamic of the household.
    Were you engaged before he started living with you?
    I would ask yourself if your son can ever be independent or be transitioned to another living situation for his benefit or is she signing up for a lifetime of living with you both and being that you worked from home prior, it didn't seem as much of a deal. Or eventually a house with an inlaw apartmet you can't really be "in the mood" as much when you have to be always fully clothed when your guy gets home because there is another adult male in the house.

Honestly, i would go away with two or three nights just the two of you to be at ease with no kids and maybe have a chat once you both have relaxed instead of hitting her with loaded questions when she is trying to go to bed or getting off to work.

Have you gone to premarriage prep counseling/classes == sometimes they force you to talk about things you never considered -- but i don't think a proposal based on expecting someone to a swinging sexpot forever is realistic anyways

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice