The right thing to do?

sidart

After trying the dating pool I finally met someone who seemed lovely at the time.

As time went on we got close, things were great, we moved in together. 6 months from moving in the cracks began to show.

My girlfriend became moody, more and more frequently.

I'd get the silent treatment for hours or she would lash out at me. For the tiniest of things.

I would talk about it and tell her I don't think I can deal with it. She would sulk, not talk and then cry. Id end up forgetting what I was mad about and try and make her feel better.

Eventually it carried on... I decided I couldn't deal with being miserable. But more when she wasn't moody I was generally very happy. But the tantrums became such a regular occurance.

We split, she moved out.

A week later she said she'd had time to think and was willing to work on it and she's sorry.

Fast forward two weeks and she gets annoyed because I was going to do something at the weekend that didn't involve her. Throws a tantrum. I said I thought she was dealing with this... She then says she can't do this and for me to leave her the f alone. Unleashing a bunch of texts saying she's cried over this and I'm being a . I just ignored the texts and she tells me it's over.

A day later she calms down telling me how much she loves me.

I honestly can't deal with this. Is this normal in a relationship? Besides the tantrums she can be awesome and it feels like it's such a shame

Sounds like you moved in together during the honeymoon period, which is rarely a good idea because it hides major issues like this. She sounds like an inconsistent emotional mess. I'd let this one go before your relationship becomes any more toxic than it already is.

In retrospect, were there signs that she had this psycho side to her? It won't change and you can't fix it. She needs a psychiatrist not a relationship. Find a sane woman and go slowly, looking for red flags.

Excellent. Now delete and block her and all her people from all your accounts, devices, messaging and social media apps. Don't drag this out, cut your losses.

We split, she moved out.

Serious question: Why would you need to ask a bunch of strangers on the internet if breaking up with someone is "the right thing to do?" Surely her actions tell you the answer to that without getting third party opinions on it. So: Why did you feel you needed to start this thread?

You seem like a poor listener, sorry. She's telling you why she's upset with you but you're not listening or engaging with her. A one sided story like that just makes me think that a lot of points were missed to begin with. She doesn't have to fly off the handle but pretending like she's to blame isn't going to help the situation either. This just seems like a break down of communication.

If you're looking for room for improvement for yourself, ask yourself whether you were willing to engage in whatever concerns she had at the time. Maybe you thought they were stupid or petty? If you did, why? If she never did vocalize properly with you, why not? Mind you, those are just food for thought. Not meant to upset you.

Yeah I guess you guys confirmed this for me. I was having doubts as she tells me it's normal for all women to be this moody.

I'm not perfect in any ways. And sometimes maybe I should of handled it better and not played into it. Like if I'd just ignored it it would never have turned into an argument.

I guess it's just hard as she was a good person. It felt nice to have her to come home to.

She kinda reminded me of me when I was 17 and ruining things thinking being moody would get me attention.

Archived