LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Work situation - team members not pulling their weight

Platinum Member
    First, what Reinvent said and then this too "Beyond these steps, I'd keep my focus on my own paper. I'm the one who sees value in the events, so I'm the one who steps up for them. If others cannot be motivated to step up through my efforts mentioned above, I'd consider myself privileged with the networking opportunity and I'd see where things land in my review. If my efforts are not rewarded at that time, I'd use the networking opportunities to land a better position in my field.

Head high, and keep your focus on your own work ethic rather than on the lack of same with anyone else. It will keep you feeling rewarded rather than put upon, and it will either pay off in terms of a tangible reward within your company, OR with another company down the road--as long as you avoid coming off to anyone as martyred."

I also love MLD's suggestions and I am frustrated that you would have to go to these lengths to get others to just do their job. But I know that frustrated feeling is not consistent with eyes on your own paper -too negative. Sigh. Good luck!!

Platinum Member
    Thanks Batya, thatís very useful. Keep my eyes on my own paper. I like it!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    First, what Reinvent said and then this too "Beyond these steps, I'd keep my focus on my own paper. I'm the one who sees value in the events, so I'm the one who steps up for them. If others cannot be motivated to step up through my efforts mentioned above, I'd consider myself privileged with the networking opportunity and I'd see where things land in my review. If my efforts are not rewarded at that time, I'd use the networking opportunities to land a better position in my field.

Head high, and keep your focus on your own work ethic rather than on the lack of same with anyone else. It will keep you feeling rewarded rather than put upon, and it will either pay off in terms of a tangible reward within your company, OR with another company down the road--as long as you avoid coming off to anyone as martyred."
    I just came back to this post, as I just got two "declined" calendar notifications to events, by the more experienced of my co-workers. The younger, recent college grad? She's at everything, and she's always a "yes, of course I can attend". It's the one with more experience that always seems to have something else going on.

I was tempted to call this person this week and have a talk with her, but she doesn't work for me. She's my peer. Our manager won't do anything about it (extremely passive about these types of things), so I'm left to do these meetings with my other co-worker, even involving traveling. Oh well. I have to let this go......right???

Keep my eyes on my own paper.....that's great advice, Batya. Actually your entire post is great advice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice