Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Financial issue - what thought /analytical process works for you?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    I just saw this thread, so I am still catching up.

I think you should remind her that you've already prepaid for that cleaning. Wait for her response before saying more.

Don't you always pay in cash?
    Yes. We always do and as I explained in the beginning she's been asking us to prepay via PayPal. Thanks for reading!!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    What happened with it?
    Update. They came and cleaned. After she texted me if I could please prepay for the next THREE cleanings instead of 2 (we had decreased to 2 because today we paid in cash and she still owes us one prepaid now since the last of the 4 was supposed to be today.). I wrote no - that as we explained since we did her a favor today by leaving cash now we can do only two prepaid cleanings because she still owes us one from the last batch of 4. Which is what we had explained on Sunday.

I am unhappy that she asked again. If I end things now we are basically out for one cleaning because you all know she won't pay me back, right? Or we can send her the additional two cleaning prepayment (when she requests it havent' seen that yet) and hope for the best. We're not sure yet. We don't have the time to hire someone new right now. I'm going to make discreet inquiries of my neighbors -who they use, etc -not to gossip about this person!!!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Donít give her another cent.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Donít give her another cent.
    She replied "ok" to the two prepaid. We'll see if she requests via paypal. We're going to be very inconvenienced if we have to find someone new at this time. And time is $ too.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    You might be inconvenienced but you do you really want to deal with this crap ?
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    She replied "ok" to the two prepaid. We'll see if she requests via paypal. We're going to be very inconvenienced if we have to find someone new at this time. And time is $ too.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes. We always do and as I explained in the beginning she's been asking us to prepay via PayPal. Thanks for reading!!
    Ohhhhhhh. That's right. I remember now.

First, I wouldn't prepay anything more until she pays (or cleans) what is owed. Second, if this is going to be an ongoing thing, I'd ask for a few things: A written agreement, a discount, and a deadline (e.g., all three cleanings must be completed in 6 weeks). Make your boundaries clear.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Ohhhhhhh. That's right. I remember now.

First, I wouldn't prepay anything more until she pays (or cleans) what is owed. Second, if this is going to be an ongoing thing, I'd ask for a few things: A written agreement, a discount, and a deadline (e.g., all three cleanings must be completed in 6 weeks). Make your boundaries clear.
    Yes- so I'd already promised her 3 prepaid which would commence after today's last prepaid. But now as you noted, the last prepaid won't be for another two weeks which is why I decreased to two. But of course that is like three because she owes us one.

She promised when she asked this time for more prepaid that this is the last time. It's also my last time. So, if all goes according to schedule our last prepaid would be end of July. If she shows up and if she does not ask again (or if she asks, we say no, and she is not pushy let's say) I'd consider keeping her. But I am done. Not going to be any sort of ongoing thing. I just joined my building's "app" - and I'll see what people are posting about cleaners, etc. I'll start to do my research. My mother said she's concerned that a new person will have his/her own issues so I may be trading this for worse problems.

The good thing is I guess my husband and I are on the same page and are considering our options but without disagreeing so that is very helpful.

Thanks so much to all. I do know that others have issues with cleaning people and sitters, and pet sitters ,etc.

Platinum Member
    Update for those who are following this "situation." After asking me a number of times for additional prepayments (I'd told her yes for 2 more but as a purely practical matter, she had to initiate the request electronically, and I was clear about that - just the way it works with her system) - she did not request any additional prepayments. Today was the last prepaid cleaning from the original 4. She showed up with her people all friendly and smiling and did a great job. So right now we're back to "normal" - nothing is owed on her end and I am crossing my fingers that we will proceed as "normal."

Thanks to all again for your suggestions, advice and insight.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Give Advice
Ask For Advice