aqwe

I [15 M] can't tell if a girl [17 F] is flirting with me, dating someone, or a die-hard single. I am a teenage guy who has no experience with relationships, so please help. For a while, I felt like this girl in my school might have been interested. (She would glance at me in class, briefly make conversation, etc.) I then noticed she was always hanging out with this guy, so I figured they were probably dating. Then there was this event called a "poetry slam" which is basically where a bunch of people read poems they wrote. Hers was about how she "doesn't need a man", so I figured she was single and not interested in a relationship. After that, I saw her hanging out with a guy, and he briefly put his arm around her, so I figured they were dating for sure. But now she's back to glancing at me in class. Anyone know what the heck is going on?

TL;DR A girl is sending me mixed signals and I don't understand women. Help.

Well, some young women are not ready to fall in love and have one man yet.

But what you can do is start a conversation with her, or say something funny. She how the conversations go, and take it from there.

Also, don't set your sights on just one girl - she might not like you that much. Surly there are other girls you would kiss? Flirt with many. So, find one who likes you a lot, the chance of rejection goes down the more they like you, and the more fun they are.

If you notice one who really seems to like you, give her your phone and let her put her number in there.

There is no such thing as "mixed signals". She may find you attractive and likes to look at you...doesn't mean she wants to get with you. The two year difference is huge at your age, so just not think too much about it. She's going to be interested in guys her age or older.

You have plenty of time and other girls to chase when the time comes. But for now it ain't happening. Girls look, guys look, doesn't mean they want to play.

Archived