I need someone to talk too

alex17466

I’ve been dating this older woman for a few months now and things are pretty good but I think that the age gap or something keeps her from opening up to me. We mesh really well together and we have a ball but there are things that she says and certain things that to me says that I shouldn’t put forth so much of the effort I’ve been giving and I’m giving a lot. For me to open up to someone was hard for me to do but I did it cause I thought she was worth the risk. Now I feel like I’m wrong.

What is the age gap between the two of you?

It doesn't sound to me like the age between you is necessarily the issue. If you're moving to quick for her, you're moving too quick, regardless of age. As a general rule, you should listen to a partner when they say you are giving too much. It usually translates to them caring about you but feeling overwhelmed or feeling that you are more invested in the relationship than they are. Be careful because these types of issues often lead to a breakup in the long-run.

Why are you focusing on her age? Does the age gap bother you? Or do you have a higher expectation of her because of her age?

I personally doubt age has anything to do with it, so why not try to remove that blinkered thought and think outside the square?

What is the age gap between the two of you?

It doesn't sound to me like the age between you is necessarily the issue. If you're moving to quick for her, you're moving too quick, regardless of age. As a general rule, you should listen to a partner when they say you are giving too much. It usually translates to them caring about you but feeling overwhelmed or feeling that you are more invested in the relationship than they are. Be careful because these types of issues often lead to a breakup in the long-run.

There an 11 year age gap, I’m 31 she’s about to be 42 in a few weeks. She’s very bold and not of an open book that’s usually the kind of women I date anyway but for some reason the boldness goes away because they don’t wanna hurt my feelings cause I’m a “nice guy.” When we’re together we’re like two school kids and we can’t keep our hands off one another. But there are certain things she says at times that leave me thinking that she’s anticipating the worst. I know it could all be in my head but i could also be right.

Why are you focusing on her age? Does the age gap bother you? Or do you have a higher expectation of her because of her age?

I personally doubt age has anything to do with it, so why not try to remove that blinkered thought and think outside the square?

I’m not she is in a way, she’s also voiced it to me. I don’t give a crap about her age. I thought she was at least in her mid 30’s when we met. She definitely doesn’t look her age but at the same time nither do I. I’m 31 and I can pass for a high school kid. The oldest I look is 24. I actually really like her. The only reason why I’m writing about her is cause I do

Archived