Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: It's ramblin' time.

I hope you know you aren't alone and that you will come back and reach out whenever you need to

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I hope you know you aren't alone and that you will come back and reach out whenever you need to
    I hope you're right. I've never felt more alone in my life. Thank you for having faith in me, though. I need time to even understand what the heck happened. I've never felt so betrayed by someone. I can't stop thinking about it and it makes me sick.

I am so sorry you're hurting. I don't know what happened but it sounds really f__ed up (on her part). Be patient with yourself and allow yourself time and space to grieve.

I'll be more specific in the future, Fudgie. I don't wanna type it right now. Thank you for being so kind to me. I'll try my best to do what you said.

Totally understand. Be kind to yourself and don't bottle your feelings up.

Hope you are doing ok.

Hi, IAG. I wish I could tell you I'm doing fine but I'm really not. I'm beyond depressed.

I guess I can share the jist of what happened. Basically, she fell for another guy and unapologetically did so. Everything was wonderful until this 'old friend', who I didn't even know existed, showed back up in her life. C has other male friends, people I liked, and she never gave me a single reason not to trust her until this guy. She just flat out started prioritizing him over me. If he was available she was with him. Of course, this started a lot of fights between us, with her just continuing to act like it was no big deal while she put more and more distance between us and they got closer.

Fast forward a bit and next thing I know I'm barely ever seeing her and most of our talking is through text. I flat out asked her if she was commited to our relationship and if she truly loved me with all her heart. She told me she wasn't sure anymore so I broke up with her. That's the basic summary of it. I have no evidence of physical cheating but this was an emotional affair and she gaslit me into believing I was just being jealous and unreasonable. She made me feel like the bad guy the whole time.

I don't know why I attract these kinds of people into my life. The problem must be me. So I'll just be alone now.

How dumb is it that I actually miss her? Then again, the person I miss doesn't really exist, I guess. It just hurts. I thought we were a really great couple. Guess she didn't.

It sounds like there was some history between them, or she at least wanted more from him at some point. Very cruel. I'm sorry she's a POS and did that to you. She's cowardly too, making you out to be the bad guy. That's so manipulative. No one would be fine with what she did. If you did the same, if the tables were flipped, she would have a FIT.

Cheaters often try to flip the script and guilt the betrayed partner. It's a selfish way to try and assuage their own guilt. She can't be possibly be a cheater when you're jealous and possessive! /s

I forget, how long were you seeing her?

There was definitely history between them. I'll probably never know the full truth of it all, but I know enough. She left me behind but still wanted to be in the relationship? Why didn't she just dump me?

I don't know. I can't stop ruminating over it because my brain loves to torment me.

We were together just shy of a year by about a month.

Nothing will shatter your confidence quite like realizing you are in 2nd place in your own relationship. It's really done a number on me.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice