Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's ramblin' time.

Thank you so much for the endearing words, IAG. They mean a lot.

What landed me on her when choosing from the litter is that she immediately showed she was special. Some of the pups were timid. Bashful. Some were sweet and friendly. But mine came out of the dog house, no bigger than a guinea pig, and growled at me. She was clearly an alpha and she captured my heart right then. I immedately crouched, gently picked her up and nuzzled her against my neck, and the bond was made right there, and it remained for all this time. I was lucky to have her and I'll always cherish that.

I would rather use the word bada** than alpha but, you know, censoring because there are still people who think using asterisks to cover a couple letters means that somehow the word is no longer recognizable and that they aren't still hearing that exact word in their head. The concept of bad words... it's a bad joke that it's still a thing.

That's such a cute story. It's funny how intuitively we know the right match when we meet them.

For sure. Sometimes things just click, and there's no explaining it or even a reason to try to do so. But I've always had a connection with animals. Can't tell you how many times I surprised people, convinced their pets were wary of everyone, only to friendly up to me immediately. Maybe I just have the right vibe; I give off a certain energy. Maybe it's because pets were a part of my life since I could crawl. Who knows, but I don't even like to hurt bugs. I think I just understand them and in a sense, they understand me.

For whatever reason, the older I get the more I genuinely think reincarnation is a real possibility. Part of it is because I'm also pretty open to the theory that our reality is a simulation, but where to even begin with defining reality in the first place? I had a dream last night that was so vivid, clear and lucid that I can't even describe how much I was convinced what I was experiencing was real, (and who's to say it wasn't?) where I came to a full epiphany that I've lived this life before. It was like deja vu on crack. And some mystical, mysterious woman, an angel of sorts, said, "Ah, so you've finally realized the truth? Now you're in control."

What do I even make of that? The thought that I've lived this life countless times and can't ever seem to get it right is disturbing, but damn, do I ever wish there was a reset button. Maybe there is...

How to set the tone for a piece of media. It's so well done that I've watched it dozens of times and I still love it.

What a weird month it's been. My great uncle passed away. No need for sympathies, he may as well have been a stranger to me, but of course it greatly affected other members of my family. So I went to the funeral and funerals have always been so weird to me. To be fair I had no connection to the man other than being a relative, but even with others I've deeply cared for I feel like an emotionless husk in that environment. All around me are the sounds of sobbing and constant sniffling and I couldn't feel more out of place, but at the same time oddly comfortable. Not bothered.

Songs are sang and a man is paid to preach to us about the wonderful legacy of a man he knew less about than even I did. How he was loved, how he'll be remembered, and of course, the absolute certainty of where he is going after his death. The shell of who he was is in a box that is eventually opened so we can all go and take a moment to gaze at his unoccupied body. I, on the other hand, spent most of this experience unable to keep my gaze off of this absolutely stunningly gorgeous black young lady. I was captivated.

The funeral ends and we congregate at a family member's home to spend time with those we haven't seen for too long. Drinks are had and mingling is done, but I made it my mission to get to know this lovely girl, who we'll just call C. And she's great. She was so sweet and inviting of my company and she too felt very out of place and kinda disconnected from the tragic circumstances.

And now things are definitely going somewhere between the two of us, The first half of this month was so awful for me, was sliding back into depression and isolation. I didn't want to be alive. Everything felt insurmountable and overwhelming. It has felt for a while like all attempts to spend time with others has been futile and I really did feel like maybe it was just better that I keep to myself as and let myself slowly deteriorate. However, through the death of another, I've really been feeling alive. It sounds messed up, right? But it's what happened.

I'm tempering my expectations drastically. I absolutely must use extreme caution in who and to what degree I allow myself to feel attached. I am enjoying C's company SO much though, and let's just see where it goes.

And as if that hasn't been wonderful enough, my favorite band (by immeasurable margins) released their first new studio track in 13 years earlier this week. I was so worried that I would be disappointed but I absolutely love it and the positive message it extends.

For a month that started so terribly, it's shaping up to be the month of the year. I'm vibing hard with a new person in my life. She is smoking hot, chill, down to earth, funny... she's simply amazing.

Tool is releasing their long awaited album on the 30th. Great games are being released. And I just found out Dave Chappelle, the GOAT comedian, is releasing his new Netflix special in a week.

I am feeling so damn good right now.

I am so happy for you! I too can't wait for the new Tool album. I will listen to it on release day for sure and I know I'll be off at that time so I can enjoy it.

It's always amazing to me how incredible we are at acclimating to change. Change is scary; most of us fear it, because the variables are unknown. But once we're in it we adapt so well, to the point we forget what came before.

I was not in a happy place just a month ago. Doom and gloom and void of confidence. Hopeless. And out of nowhere, in the most unexpected of places, I've found my happiness again. I forgot what it felt like to be truly alive, but here I am now. And as I was saying, acclimation comes so easily and it's a bit worrying... how easy it is to forget the suffering I endured such a short time ago. And I'm so afraid of going back to that place, of growing complacent. Unappreciative. And generally effing up a really wonderful thing. And I fear most of all that these demons will accumulate into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Despite these thoughts deep in the recesses of my mind, I'm doing my utmost best to just go with the flow (to encapsulate my SN here), and to trust in who she is and her genuinity. To have faith and push this BS hauntings of a past that has nothing to do with her out. To eradicate that which holds me back.

It's official, though. I have a girlfriend and she's more lovely than words could justify. I am so appreciative of it all.

Edit: I'm slowly getting her into Tool as well, and I love seeing her appreciation at the pure musicianship of parts of songs. The Pot is her fav so far.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice