Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dating single dad, why is he pulling away??

Give him space. Sometimes people get scared. They do the "come here, go away" routine. Who knows, maybe the kids were a bit freaked out, too and he's backing up. He'll return if you give him room.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by BeenBurned
    Update. Completely done, he tried to apologize and I stood my ground. Iím going to take some time for myself because this was so out of the norm for me and I acted in a way that I usually donít. I have been going through alot of changes recently and I have just gotten out of a 4 yr relationship a few months ago. I donít know if Iím not actually ready to date or what but I think I need to take a break and reevaluate myself. I was honest when I said I donít usually rush so Iím not sure why I was going along with it this time. Either way Iím done with him and going to focus on me and figure out whats going on. Thanks for the help.
    Good.

The paradox with dating after a relationship is you don't know if you're ready until you actually try it. Taking a break and self-evaluation are two of the healthiest things we can do for ourselves. Kudos.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice