LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I leave?

How do I leave?

I've finally reached my breaking point but leaving would devastate me financially. I feel stuck! Help!

Do you work/have a job? Can you move in with your parents? Siblings? Friends?

Platinum Member
    How so? If something happened to him, you would find a way to support yourself.

Get a consult with a divorce attorney to review your options. Start applying for jobs. Stop waiting on your husband like a servant. Work or take classes instead. Stop talking at him, he's not listening. Start taking action by becoming more independent. Go to social security for assistance with employment, housing, food, health care, etc. Stop acting helpless. Take action.

When my ex husband and I separated my financial situation was impacted negatively and to this day, I still have a teeny tiny resentment about it... I am rebuilding the financial side of my life in my mid 40's which was never my plan... but I have relief and freedom from that relationship which makes this effort 100% worth it.

At the end of the day if you take care of yourself, the universe will take care of you.

Get a yob, mang!

If a divorce devastates you financially, it implies that there's something or some asset that can be devastated. This likely means that you have a job, you have assets and you are fearful of losing what you have.

I'd say speak to a lawyer and don't waffle about. Just do what you have to do and move forwards if this is the only thing holding you back. Sometimes starting over is the lesser of two evils.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Gary Snyder
    Get a yob, mang!
    She has a job.

Why would it devastate you financially? Has he been supporting you or are you worried about him taking 50% of the marital assets?

How can we help? We don't have enough information in your opening post.

I do have a job. I don't want to burden a friend and my parents are not alive anymore. Another family member would give me crap for leaving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice