How do I leave?

Get a consult with a divorce attorney to review your options. Start applying for jobs. Stop waiting on your husband like a servant. Work or take classes instead. Stop talking at him, he's not listening. Start taking action by becoming more independent. Go to social security for assistance with employment, housing, food, health care, etc. Stop acting helpless. Take action.

When my ex husband and I separated my financial situation was impacted negatively and to this day, I still have a teeny tiny resentment about it... I am rebuilding the financial side of my life in my mid 40's which was never my plan... but I have relief and freedom from that relationship which makes this effort 100% worth it.

At the end of the day if you take care of yourself, the universe will take care of you.

If a divorce devastates you financially, it implies that there's something or some asset that can be devastated. This likely means that you have a job, you have assets and you are fearful of losing what you have.

I'd say speak to a lawyer and don't waffle about. Just do what you have to do and move forwards if this is the only thing holding you back. Sometimes starting over is the lesser of two evils.

When my ex husband and I separated my financial situation was impacted negatively and to this day, I still have a teeny tiny resentment about it... I am rebuilding the financial side of my life in my mid 40's which was never my plan... but I have relief and freedom from that relationship which makes this effort 100% worth it.

At the end of the day if you take care of yourself, the universe will take care of you.

Me too. And yes, it will.

The saying goes that Divorce is expensive because its worth it. It was, and it was.

@Thatwasthen, I have a job but he still supports me in someways. I am worried that leaving would make my financial situation worse. We do not have a healthy financial situation.

In the last 3 years out of our 5 years of marriage he's changed. He makes little time for me. I'm not at all a priority. I've tried talking to him but sometimes I think I'd have a better conversation with the walls. LOL!

@Thatwasthen, I have a job but he still supports me in someways. I am worried that leaving would make my financial situation worse. We do not have a healthy financial situation.

In the last 3 years out of our 5 years of marriage he's changed. He makes little time for me. I'm not at all a priority. I've tried talking to him but sometimes I think I'd have a better conversation with the walls. LOL!

Do you own joint property?

You could always look for a shared space which shouldn't be too hard on you financially. Start doing some research on places you can afford. If you are equipped with knowledge, you will have more confidence in making a decision.

Get good legal advice about your options so you can operate on real information instead of allowing fear to become your barrier. Of course separations are difficult, no matter how you go about them, but a legal one may actually protect you from any further debt a spouse incurs. Find out the facts for your location, then make choices from there.

Archived