Catching feelings

grey1234

So me and this guy have been casually hooking up since March. We usually just see each other like once a week. We live kinda far from each other but I work near where he lives and go out near him too so that’s when I see him.

I know I should probably end it because I can feel myself catching feelings but I just can’t get myself to!! I’m starting to feel badly because it’s clear he doesn’t want to actually spend anytime outside the bedroom and doesn’t text me at all or anything (besides when he wants to hookup), but I still can’t get myself to walk away.

I know since we don’t live that close it’s not even realistic that anything beyond hooking up would happen. I don’t even think I know him that well- maybe because he’s the first guy after my recent ex that I feel a weird attachment to him. It’s kind of concerning and weird how much I think about him considering I barely even speak to or see him!! Does anyone have any advice on how to walk away or get over him?

And you have never been on a date with him?

I’m assuming , correct me if I’m wrong?

At this point he only has to put in minimal effort in order to “see” you.

With that being all he needs to do, why would he do more?

He might only ever view you as a booty call , the only way to turn that around is to not be his booty call.

Make no attempt to contact him and only ever respond if he asks you out on a date straight up.

No responding to any contact from him in the meantime.

Not to an “I miss you” “wanna hangout?” “How are you babe?” Nothing!!!!

Only to something like “are you interested in going to see x movie ?”

Or “would you like to go out for dinner on sat ?” Etc

He might never do that , but if you want to get out of the booty call arrangement then that’s what you must do.

Good luck!

Archived