Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Iím worried Iím pregnant

  1. #21
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    50,823
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Which is the very reasn why she should be schooled on contraception and safe sex because she's likely going to be lax and she's going to trust that she won't get pregnant if she looks on some chart that tells her when and when not she's ovulating. I think we'd be remiss not to educate people at the very least. (whether they listen or not is up to them)
    Sure and in this case I think she knows full well that she made a bad choice so she should be schooled on making better choices in general and my sense is she knows the facts about pregnancy -I see this as two different things - no harm in repeating the facts but the emphasis should be on her personally and her dismissive attitude towards choosing to get drunk and have unsafe sex.

    If a person honestly did not know the facts I would see it differently.

  2. #22
    Platinum Member figureitout23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,635
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Sure and in this case I think she knows full well that she made a bad choice so she should be schooled on making better choices in general and my sense is she knows the facts about pregnancy -I see this as two different things - no harm in repeating the facts but the emphasis should be on her personally and her dismissive attitude towards choosing to get drunk and have unsafe sex.

    If a person honestly did not know the facts I would see it differently.
    Not to get in the middle of this conversation, I agree with this, if you know when youíre ovulating you arenít oblivious to how contraception works. Some posts about pregnancy are from those who simply donít know, others...attention seeking... letís be real here, you know youíre in a new relationship, you know what a condom is, you know when youíre ovulating, you know you have an eating disorder, at some point people have to pull up their big girl/boy pants and act their age. Donít engage in sex if you canít handle something as simple as contraception, soreynotsorry people who truly donít want to get pregnant rarely get pregnant. Thatís the reality of all this.

  3. #23
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    50,823
    Originally Posted by figureitout23
    Not to get in the middle of this conversation, I agree with this, if you know when youíre ovulating you arenít oblivious to how contraception works. Some posts about pregnancy are from those who simply donít know, others...attention seeking... letís be real here, you know youíre in a new relationship, you know what a condom is, you know when youíre ovulating, you know you have an eating disorder, at some point people have to pull up their big girl/boy pants and act their age. Donít engage in sex if you canít handle something as simple as contraception, soreynotsorry people who truly donít want to get pregnant rarely get pregnant. Thatís the reality of all this.
    Not in the middle at all -thank you FIO.

    I did love the "pull up their big girl/big boy pants" - so very appropriate in this situation LOL.

  4. #24
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    14,002
    Gender
    Female
    Sure and in this case I think she knows full well that she made a bad choice so she should be schooled on making better choices in general
    I agree.

    I also agree that she should pull up her big girl pants

  5.  

  6. #25
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,552
    Food aversion starts about 7 or 8 weeks. You can test the 1st day of a missed period. It was negative. You are not pregnant. Probably just PMSing.

  7. #26
    Platinum Member figureitout23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,635
    Originally Posted by tattoobunnie
    Food aversion starts about 7 or 8 weeks. You can test the 1st day of a missed period. It was negative. You are not pregnant. Probably just PMSing.
    Not true.

    I had food aversions before I even missed my first period. How I knew I needed to take a pregnancy test. Well that and the unprotected sex 😂

    I ended up having hyperemisis and extreme food aversions my whole pregnancy so I may just have been a fluke but it can happen.

  8. #27
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    14,002
    Gender
    Female
    The smell of uncooked chicken made me hurl before I knew I was pregnant and I was unable to look at, smell touch it or (ugh) eat it for the whole 9 months.

  9. #28
    Platinum Member Snny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,385
    Hypermesis was a b***. I started vomiting when I was about 5 weeks pregnant. Did not go away until the baby was born (I was puking while in labor). Fast food commercials made me nauseous. After I gave birth I had my husband go out and get me a Cheeseburger, large coke, and sushi. I never cried so much happy tears in my life over fast food. It was amazing!

    I lost rather than gained weight while pregnant. Guess thatís one thing to be thankful, but it wasnít worth starving and rotting my teeth over.

    And that it why I am a ďOne and Done!Ē Canít wait until I visit the dentist next week 👍

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •