I’m worried I’m pregnant

Screamingfor

Basically (I’m aware this was a ridiculous idea) but I had very drunken sex on the day I last Ovulated and now I’m so worried I am pregnant. I am not in a good place for this to be the situation but I would just like advice if this sounds like a pregnancy ? Like I said, I am not in a good place for it to be right now as I’m suffering with food issues.

I had sex on the day I ovulated, completely unprotected with my boyfriend. (It’s a new relationship so had no birth control). I track my cycles so I know that I ovulated that day. A few days ago (about 2) I noticed pink spotting when I wiped (sorry if too much info) and I was having nauseated feelings etc. Since then the nausea has subsided but I am constantly exhausted although there is no blood when I wipe but also no sign of a period which is now late. I have taken a pregnancy test which is negative but I’m wondering if I’ve tested too early? This is getting me really stressed. Thank you.

Basically (I’m aware this was a ridiculous idea) but I had very drunken sex on the day I last Ovulated and now I’m so worried I am pregnant. I am not in a good place for this to be the situation but I would just like advice if this sounds like a pregnancy ? Like I said, I am not in a good place for it to be right now as I’m suffering with food issues.

I had sex on the day I ovulated, completely unprotected with my boyfriend. (It’s a new relationship so had no birth control). I track my cycles so I know that I ovulated that day. A few days ago (about 2) I noticed pink spotting when I wiped (sorry if too much info) and I was having nauseated feelings etc. Since then the nausea has subsided but I am constantly exhausted although there is no blood when I wipe but also no sign of a period which is now late. I have taken a pregnancy test which is negative but I’m wondering if I’ve tested too early? This is getting me really stressed. Thank you.

How long ago did you have unprotected sex and why didn't you go to pharmacy and get the Morning After Pill. If you are not on any form of BC the always have condoms on hand so that you are protected from STD's (he's a new b/f) and so that you are protected from unwanted pregnancy.

You could be pregnant but you can still take the morning after pill if its been less than 72 hours since you had the unprotected sex.

Have you done a pregnancy test? If not why haven't you?

There’s really nothing absolute but seeing a Dr for a blood test. Depending on when you took the test it could be too early typically it’s best to take a test by your missed period for accurate results. I’m not clear on what kind of timeline you took this test, is it a week post ovulation? Too early is your period due? Test should be accurate...

Im more concerned with your mindset...I can only speak for myself of course but I’ve had drunken sex and every time it’s been protected. I don’t want to get pregnant, so I don’t risk it...even a little...it’s far too easy to put a condom on drunk or not. Also how is ‘new remationship’ an excuse for not having proper birth control in place? If you ‘can’t handle’ a pregnancy right now I’d think that would be the utmost importance. Infact post divorce...the second I started noticing men again getting on birth control was number one on my to do list, so I hate to say this but you need to get honest with yourself. You’re acting WAY too reckless for someone who ‘cant’ deal with a pregnancy and honestly if you don’t get it together you will eventually end up knocked up. Tell your boyfriend to wrap it up! See a counselor about your eating disorder and first things first if you aren’t pregnant, get on birth control.

Time for you to get honest with yourself. If you can handle sexual encounters you can handle proper precautions. Drunkenness is not an excuse.

When is your period due? I think it is premature to see a doctor before your period is due. Take another test on the day your period is due, then one week later if your period has not started. If your period is more than a week late and the pregnancy test is negative, that would be a good time to see a doctor.

When is your period due? I think it is premature to see a doctor before your period is due. Take another test on the day your period is due, then one week later if your period has not started. If your period is more than a week late and the pregnancy test is negative, that would be a good time to see a doctor.

It’s not premature if you’re reduced to asking a bunch of strangers on the internet if you’re with child.

A Dr. Can and will advise properly, in person, knowing the OPers mental wellbeing as well as her physical.

FWIW, I had a positive pregnancy test as well as a positive blood test before my period was due.

Get to a pharmacy for a pregnancy test. And get to a clinic/doctor for STD testing, a checkup and a reliable form of birth control in addition to some sex education and a supply of condoms to protect against both STDs and pregnancy. Get some counseling about the drinking and irresponsible sexual habits. Why wouldn't this guy wear condoms?? Do not have sex with anyone who refuses to wear condoms and do not have sex drunk. It's that simple. This has nothing to do with "food issues", that is the least of your problems. Do not play with your health. Learn responsible sexual habits.

I am not in a good place for it to be right now as I’m suffering with food issues.

I had sex on the day I ovulated, completely unprotected with my boyfriend. It’s a new relationship so had no birth control.

I tested when I was 8 days late because I didn't want to be disappointed that I was not pregnant and get a false negative, etc. However, the test said I could test up to 5 days early (this was over 10 years ago, maybe now you can test even earlier). The symptoms I had other than being a little late mimicked PMS symptoms.

I tested when I was 8 days late because I didn't want to be disappointed that I was not pregnant and get a false negative, etc. However, the test said I could test up to 5 days early (this was over 10 years ago, maybe now you can test even earlier). The symptoms I had other than being a little late mimicked PMS symptoms.

You can test before your period is due, but the accuracy is only in the high nineties typically on the day of the missed period and then close to 100 by a couple days after the missed period. That’s why I would wait to rely on the results of the pregnancy test (especially a negative one) until on or after a missed period.

I think a well-timed at-home pregnancy test is a logical first step before seeing a doctor for a blood pregnancy test, which are more typically done to confirm a positive at-home pregnancy test. A doctor’s visit to discuss contraception and safe sex would be a good idea regardless of the pregnancy test outcome.

You can test before your period is due, but the accuracy is only in the high nineties typically on the day of the missed period and then close to 100 by a couple days after the missed period. That’s why I would wait to rely on the results of the pregnancy test (especially a negative one) until on or after a missed period.

I think a well-timed at-home pregnancy test is a logical first step before seeing a doctor for a blood pregnancy test, which are more typically done to confirm a positive at-home pregnancy test. A doctor’s visit to discuss contraception and safe sex would be a good idea regardless of the pregnancy test outcome.

Yes, I agree, that is what I did and confirmed 5 days later with a blood test (I took my preg. test out of town).

I don't think she has to discuss contraception or safe sex. My sense is she knows and takes a casual attitude. Apparently she even knows when she is ovulating..

Yes, I agree, that is what I did and confirmed 5 days later with a blood test (I took my preg. test out of town).

I don't think she has to discuss contraception or safe sex. My sense is she knows and takes a casual attitude. Apparently she even knows when she is ovulating..

Which is the very reasn why she should be schooled on contraception and safe sex because she's likely going to be lax and she's going to trust that she won't get pregnant if she looks on some chart that tells her when and when not she's ovulating. I think we'd be remiss not to educate people at the very least. (whether they listen or not is up to them)

Which is the very reasn why she should be schooled on contraception and safe sex because she's likely going to be lax and she's going to trust that she won't get pregnant if she looks on some chart that tells her when and when not she's ovulating. I think we'd be remiss not to educate people at the very least. (whether they listen or not is up to them)

Sure and in this case I think she knows full well that she made a bad choice so she should be schooled on making better choices in general and my sense is she knows the facts about pregnancy -I see this as two different things - no harm in repeating the facts but the emphasis should be on her personally and her dismissive attitude towards choosing to get drunk and have unsafe sex.

If a person honestly did not know the facts I would see it differently.

Sure and in this case I think she knows full well that she made a bad choice so she should be schooled on making better choices in general and my sense is she knows the facts about pregnancy -I see this as two different things - no harm in repeating the facts but the emphasis should be on her personally and her dismissive attitude towards choosing to get drunk and have unsafe sex.

If a person honestly did not know the facts I would see it differently.

Not to get in the middle of this conversation, I agree with this, if you know when you’re ovulating you aren’t oblivious to how contraception works. Some posts about pregnancy are from those who simply don’t know, others...attention seeking... let’s be real here, you know you’re in a new relationship, you know what a condom is, you know when you’re ovulating, you know you have an eating disorder, at some point people have to pull up their big girl/boy pants and act their age. Don’t engage in sex if you can’t handle something as simple as contraception, soreynotsorry people who truly don’t want to get pregnant rarely get pregnant. That’s the reality of all this.

Not to get in the middle of this conversation, I agree with this, if you know when you’re ovulating you aren’t oblivious to how contraception works. Some posts about pregnancy are from those who simply don’t know, others...attention seeking... let’s be real here, you know you’re in a new relationship, you know what a condom is, you know when you’re ovulating, you know you have an eating disorder, at some point people have to pull up their big girl/boy pants and act their age. Don’t engage in sex if you can’t handle something as simple as contraception, soreynotsorry people who truly don’t want to get pregnant rarely get pregnant. That’s the reality of all this.

Not in the middle at all -thank you FIO.

I did love the "pull up their big girl/big boy pants" - so very appropriate in this situation LOL.

Archived