Hung out with a guy I like and got too drunk, now I'm afraid he lost interest

lemonade87

There’s a guy I work with (we’ll call him Scott) who I’ve been interested in for a while, and I could tell he was also interested in me because I catch him looking at me a lot. We’ve never approached each other though because we’re both pretty shy. On Friday one of my coworkers invited me out for drinks after work with some of our other coworkers, including Scott. So of course I went.

Everything started out fine.. we were all drinking and laughing and having a good time. When the person who was sitting next to me at our table went home, Scott came over and sat next to me and was holding my hand under the table. I was about 4 drinks in and should have stopped there, but I was still nervous so I kept drinking.

After the others went home, Scott and I went back to my car, talked for a little while and started making out. I don’t remember much after that. The next morning I woke up in my bed and looked out the window at my driveway and saw my car wasn’t there. Apparently I took an Uber home. I checked my texts and saw that Scott had asked if I got home okay, and I had drunkenly replied that I did but still wanted to hang out with him more and asked if he wanted to go back out that same night, and if not we could go out some other time. He didn’t respond. I also saw that I had called him 4 times (ugh). Later in the day (Saturday) I texted him saying that I had a good time. He replied a couple minutes later saying “Yeah it was fun” but that was it and I haven’t heard from him since.

Today is Sunday so it’s only been a couple days, but I’m worried that I was being an annoying clingy drunk and it turned him off. Is there any chance he might still be interested or did I blow it? What should I do? I’m dreading having to see him at work tomorrow. If he ignores me or avoids me I’ll be crushed.

If a someone loses interest because you drank a little too much one day, well, good riddance!

I doubt it though. He might just not be into you, he might still be, it is too soon. When someone rejects us, we tend to try and figure out what we did wrong, when most of the times it's not us, it's them. How many times have you Fallen for a guy who had some red flags in the beginning (getting drunk once in a while isn't a red flag)? I'm saying that when you like someone, you ignore a lot so if someone rejects you, it's most likely not your fault.

I'm curious as to if he has contacted yet, update us! 😁

I'm curious if there's been any contact over the last week or an opportunity to apologize for overdoing it. Personally, I don't think this one instance is a deal-breaker, but it might be for him. His lack of contacting you could be that he was pretty hungover as well. By now you've both been back to work...how's it been going?

For myself, especially back in the younger days, more partying, this wouldn't have been a problem for me unless it was a consistent issue. I have done time praying to the porcelain god...everyone messes up once in awhile. Some people are going to be more sensitive to overdrinking or other "party enhancers," so it's hard to say where this guy's head is at. Hopefully it turned out to be a non-issue. Let us know.

Archived