Can you know someone that you've not met?

harmin15

Hello :)

Had a tarot reading recently and just left feeling confused over a part of it. The lady said I would meet someone new in September but it could be someone that I already know. It is possible to meet someone new that you already know? As in could I know them online but not in person and what they still be considered a new?

Did she mean you'd meet someone new in the romantic sense? In that case it may be someone you already know but nothing romantic is going on. But you might bump into them again out of the blue. I think in the technical sense if you already know them, they're not "new".

Even people I've known who are into "readings" professed that any benefit is essentially in the conversation, like a quasi-therapy session. Even they know that someone ascribing a predictive value to it is pretty much full of ****. That she's got you on here asking this kind of question is testament to it. She's intentionally left room for error and wonder.

Yes she was predicting a lot of things, like alot and stupidly I believed it but then now I'm questioning it. She told me I would have four hospital visits, I hope not!
Well you can add to her credentials that she's a USDA Prime ***hole. Being full of crap is one thing. For the accuracy of her "readings" to be contingent on illness or harm befalling you is a whole other level. That's very disturbing. She's leaving you wondering about the details of this meet and these hospital visits so you'll keep coming to her. It's your money, but I'd implore you to stop.
Haha oh no I won't be going again. I was just curious about some things in my life so I went to her but left even more confused.
And that's the art. Glad you won't be going back.

Like I said, I've actually had a couple friends who have been involved in it. From what I understand, it was more about shooting the **** with their friends and maybe honing their perspective. Definitely not about predicting anything. The only TRUE master of the art passed away years ago. RIP Miss Cleo.

And that's the art. Glad you won't be going back.

Like I said, I've actually had a couple friends who have been involved in it. From what I understand, it was more about shooting the **** with their friends and maybe honing their perspective. Definitely not about predicting anything. The only TRUE master of the art passed away years ago. RIP Miss Cleo.

"Miss Cleo." LOL!!!!

Thinking back on the full reading, this is what she said..

- I was a worrier, anxious and didn't sleep

- I had vitamin d deficiency

- Meet someone in September who would change my life, I would marry him and have two children. This person would be funny, stubborn and work out at the gym

- I was a creative person ( can't draw lol )

Thinking back on the full reading, this is what she said..

- I was a worrier, anxious and didn't sleep

- I had vitamin d deficiency

- Meet someone in September who would change my life, I would marry him and have two children. This person would be funny, stubborn and work out at the gym

- I was a creative person ( can't draw lol )

This describes many people. I had a tarot card reading for fun in the summer of 1994. I was with a guy I was dating more in a casual way. She told me that I would meet my future husband in Spring 1995 (which was funny since obviously that meant I wouldn't marry the guy who was waiting outside for me during the reading LOL). So. In spring 1995 I met someone I thought I was serious about. In July 1995 I started dating my future husband who I'd originally met in fall 1994 at work. So hmmmm. What it means to me: I'm glad I had the tarot card reading -they are fun! (I'd also had one in the 1980s when I was temp receptionist -one of the employees offered me a freebie -that was fun too!). And sure it's kind of cool that I met my future husband close to the time she said I would. But again, it's all just fun and please don't take it seriously.

You can't take tarot-readers very seriously, OP.

I realize people are curious and want to believe. Please don't believe it. Allow me to share a personal anecdote: a friend of mine used to actually give other people tarot readings for extra cash. She invented all of her "predictions." She told me she was able to word them in ways that were general enough to perhaps really come true, but she'd also throw in some very specific (and fabricated) predictions to make her clients believe she was actually seeing into their future. She knew they wouldn't come back if they thought all her predictions were too general. So, she'd make up more precise stories to hook them.

As for your actual question in this thread, it doesn't make sense that you will meet someone you already know. You might start looking at an acquaintance or friend in a new light, sure. You might start to get to know someone better and on a more intimate level. But literally meet a person you have already met? No.

You can't take tarot-readers very seriously, OP.

I realize people are curious and want to believe. Please don't believe it. Allow me to share a personal anecdote: a friend of mine used to actually give other people tarot readings for extra cash. She invented all of her "predictions." She told me she was able to word them in ways that were general enough to perhaps really come true, but she'd also throw in some very specific (and fabricated) predictions to make her clients believe she was actually seeing into their future. She knew they wouldn't come back if they thought all her predictions were too general. So, she'd make up more precise stories to hook them.

As for your actual question in this thread, it doesn't make sense that you will meet someone you already know. You might start looking at an acquaintance or friend in a new light, sure. You might start to get to know someone better and on a more intimate level. But literally meet a person you have already met? No.

Wow. I hope your friend experienced some karma from her deception. I'm not surprised of course and certainly if everyone knew it was just for entertainment value that's fine but to deceive people and basically steal their money, not nice.

Archived