Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Help Needed; TRYING TO WALK AWAY

Platinum Member
    She wrote this:

Originally Posted by crazytrain21
    I am done and want to walk away from this. I donít think I can do it alone though.....can someone help hold me accountable for at least a little while.....Iím going to be honest and say I don t think I am strong enough (yet) to resist him if he tries to contact me, but he said he deleted my info, so hopefully I donít have to worry about that happening. I want my life back and to feel normal again. How sad what this affair stuff does to a person, not to mention the dishonesty, lies and how I always feel like Iím in a fog. Iím going to start a new hobby, get back to taking care of ME and my well being.
    It is not worth it at all.

I am on DAY 2 of NC. I canít quit my job though ....and he is supposed to be leaving in about 6 months anyhow.....I know I can do this.
    Then it was why should I quit and anyway he's leaving. But there can be a LOT of temptation in 6 months, not to mention she is trying to find "meaning" in his comments.

Should she "have" to quit? Maybe not. But would it be better for her marriage? I would say yes.

Yes first she said what you've quoted above and then she said what I quoted further down in her thread. It's not really a matter of not being able to but rather not really wanting to due to her love of the job and the length of time she's been there.

I agree that quitting may turn out to be the best thing for her marriage if she can't get her head off of him and get back to focusing on her job (before it starts to suffer) and most importantly, focusing on her husband and marriage.

He (OM) reached out to me at work and tried ďgoing thereĒ again. I have maintained NC. I believe I am going to have to end up quitting. I canít endure this for 6 more months.

Well, at least you have an unequivocal answer to your question.

Whatís he doing? Trying to go there again or just wanting to be friends?

He (OM) reached out to me at work and tried ďgoing thereĒ again. I have maintained NC. I believe I am going to have to end up quitting. I canít endure this for 6 more months.
    how did he reach out? can you report him to HR?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Give Advice
Ask For Advice