Worst Breakup - I went homeless. Does He Deserve A Second Chance? Aquarius Guy

claudeb

I am sorry, its a bit long....

We were madly in love with each other and we were dead serious about each other. He told me (after 4 months, of course we already had sex) I was his first real girlfriend and that he was a virgin before. It shocked me but I accepted the fact, I accepted everything about this man: not handsome, very short, a bit overweighted, he is a nerd, studies until 31 (with a Phd), grew up well protected, only child, he is not good at conflict situations(I will explain the mother in our relationship later) Me: started dating with 15, way more mature than my age, good looking, grew up the hardcore way, not well protected, studies and worked in 3 continents, not have much but financially independent, doing my MBA. We are both 31. We have the same interest, love technology, love to fly, love to dive, love food, love opera, love cultivated stuffs, even the fact that I haven't watched TV for 10 years, we loved the same TV shows, we love to serving to each other, to take care of each other, we could't sleep without each other after only 2 months. After only 3 months I moved into his apartment. I didn't want it in the beginning, I have an Asian background, living together with my partner is too much commitment for me, that I need have to marry him. He lost weight with my help, with my cookings. When he was still doing the Phd, he came back home the food was ready. I did spa to him, was giving him a facial treatment once in two weeks. Yes I cut his hairs to make him save money, whenever he needed me, his "graduation", every time, everything(he was a bit stressed because his father has cancer and leaving the university starting a new life), I was there for him to make him to relax. We bought some new furnitures and we decorated the house. He got me a Christmas tree, because it was important for me to have one. He was allowed to give me head massage when I was taking a bath. Ever friend told me they could see how obsessed he was with me.

We had two not serious fights since I moved into his apartment. First: It was about that I haven't met his parents in person. Which for me its not respectful to live with the partner without knowing the parents. So he booked the flights to Luxembourg to let me meet his family. Second: I wanted to get married soon. I know it's crazy, but it's my background... not only the cultural difference (Im Asian, grew up in Europe) I am on my own since I was 17 y.o. Very independent, ambitious, career driven until last year. (He didn't see this side of me, as my startup failed shortly before we met each other, I tried so hard, I have put my everything into this project - I wanted it to take a break before graduating with the MBA in May.) Being through a lot of things in my young age, I have seen many different things, I have travelled to see the world (more than 50 countries), I was ready to settle down with the man I love and would take care of him for the rest of my life. It was him. I told him that. As he told me, he is not ready, maybe in 5 years. I said I will leave him, I cannot wait for 5 years. He went on his knee, he cried so bad and begged me to stay. It broke my heart to see him crying. He explained me that he will work every work this year to be able to have a salary negotiation next year, so we could save up some money, and we could provide more to our children, and he will be ready. I accepted it. I understood I cannot leave him break his heart and I was ready to be a mama with 35, I will still be a good mother at 35.

Fight three: I have found a very cheap but way more bigger apartment so I wanted to move in with him in May. (He will start his job in June). For me it was the perfect one, bigger, and with a small garden. He didn't want it and I was mad. He said I freak out. I raised my voice. I said things I didn't mean it like then I will leave you. You can cancel the flight to Luxembourg. Then he started yelling at me: if you don't go to Luxembourg with me, it's over!!! You move out by the 1th of May!!! He then went to the bedroom and called his mother....I was mad because the mother knows our love details.. and I wished for the support of the mother for my choice. So I left our house and went to see a friend. I sent him a text message hours later to say Im sorry to be yelling at you. Im leaving next week. I didn't mean it, I was mad. When I came back home, he already packed up everything of my stuffs!! I was in a shock!!! He asked me for the keys! He deleted my photo on instagram "with the love of my life", he took out our pictures from the frames. I was incredibly **** - so I throw all the gifts away what he gave me and I ripped our pictures. I throw things at him. He yelled at me: this is my apartment.

During that night I went on his ipad and found out all the conversations - he lied to me. He said he was never with a Chinese girl before. Well, there were 3 others, he took all of us to the same restaurants, same bars, even the same selfie from the same place and the same gifts. It confused me very much. I didn't feel special anymore. Every woman deserves to feel special right.

The next morning his mother called me to tell me to get a taxi and move into a hotel room....that he cannot throw me out, then I leave by myself...what a mother. I could not believe he involved this mother into this.... it was so insensitive you know... It was a common home. Emotionally it was my home. I cried because the mother said this to me. He wanted to have his ipad back, I pushed him away. He threatened me with the police! To leave by 12:30!! Well, I had to call my friends to come over....They came and she said if you have two balls just pay her a hotel room. Why don't you leave. He answered with: I have already paid the rent here for two months. I mean regardless. You cannot imagine my shock in that moment. The police came and I moved to my friend's place and we returned him the keys. Long story short: 5 days later I went back there to pick up the rest of my stuffs - the mother drove all the way from Luxembourg and helped him packing my stuffs. So disrespectful. The mother was watching me over to see me carrying the bags.... I said to my friend what a mama's boy in front of her and also what a sociopath. I told him you will never see me again and he mother was like: what a luck. Unbelievable. I understand what I must hurt him so much - and then I was hurt. His eyes were without emotions, so cruel, so cold. His mother's eyes were filled with anger. He had a witness there when he was turning me my gifts to him and handling me over my letters. I was from the one to another day homeless in a foreign country, he abandoned me 3 weeks before my graduation (I need to fly to the US for the graduation).

A few days later when I was drunk I went to e place at night, it made me very angry because he locked the door from outside (it was for me my home), he came down and I slap him and left. Well, he of course called the police again but I already left and I don't remember that I should have slap him. I know it from my mother. He called my mother the following day to tell her that I was aggressive and dangerous. The police called me 2 days ago and wanted my statement. I haven't contact him since then, it's been 10 days. I understand that I have hurt him with: I don't go to Luxembourg with you. He is extremely sensitive and he cannot deal with conflicts, he is way too much protected by his mother. And I am more mature, I know only love is not enough, its the compromises, its the communications, its the ability to solve problems when you cool off. He will never understand this, because his mother has his back and she doesn't think this way. He had plans with me, he had a whole week planed with me. And even a week before he had booked a surprise weekend for me. The surprise weekend was one week later he went nuts. But packing my stuffs because of a fight was too much for me. And threaten me with the police, I mean what grown up man will call the police...telling me I don't have a contract with the landlord...getting his mother involved and abandon me was too much to put on me. I haven't contacted him since then, my shock is gone.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“We had two not serious fights since I moved into his apartment. First: It was about that I haven't met his parents in person. Which for me its not respectful to live with the partner without knowing the parents.”

Not respectful to who? And who is the one being disrespectful?

If you go against your culture then YOU need to take responsibility for that.

This is not healthy! This is why you DO NOT move in with people after three months. You do not know them. He runs to mommy every time there is a problem. Ugh!

You want to give someone a second chance who is a liar and threw you out? Do not give him a second chance.

You two are terrible together.

You're unhinged. Worse, you're also violent. The kind of grown man who would call the police on such a woman is one who knows better than to risk a charge simply shoving her off him. Stop showing up at his apartment unannounced to hit him. Act just a fraction of how mature you claim to be. If you need to meet someone's family prior to moving in, then do that before moving in. Don't push for marriage with someone you've been with a handful of months. You don't get to make a unilateral decision on what apartment you and your partner move to. All of these fights were incredibly inappropriate pretty much at any stage of a relationship, never mind the stage you two were in.

He's a mama's boy. So what? I might make a joke or two at his expense, but at the end of the day, they're not harming anyone. I'd sooner have him as a neighbor than someone who's unstable and aggressive. Speaking sincerely, I hope you'll seek some help.

How does this

"A few days later when I was drunk I went to e place at night, it made me very angry because he locked the door from outside (it was for me my home), he came down and I slap him and left."

correspond to this

"And I am more mature, I know only love is not enough, its the compromises, its the communications, its the ability to solve problems when you cool off. "

You think getting drunk and slapping men is "mature"?

To answer the title question, no I would not allow someone who left me homeless back into my life

I don’t know that I’d define what he did as that but no I wouldn’t.

Is this America? If so I’m shocked the police had you leave, it’s illegal to just kick a tenant out even if you didn’t have an agreement with the apartment, you were his significant other, there are legal steps that would have needed to be taken, but that’s neither here nor there since after all that you put your hands on him. He had the right after that.

I can see that he was wrong in overly including his mother in your relationship and had some communication issues but you did too so unfortunately it was two people who lacked the proper coping and communication skills to make it through conflicts.

It’s probably best to let sleeping dogs lie.

I would however look into some sort of therapy for yourself to learn proper communication and coping. Putting your hands on someone is never ok and while I completely understand you wanting to follow your culture, if someone has a different culture he isn’t necessarily required to follow yours. Respect it, yes, follow unfortunately it has to be a mutual agreement and it seems he was just placating you instead of embracing your culture so again unfortunately it seems to just be a bad match. Plus he lied to you about major things like his dating history. This relationship is a complete no go.

“We had two not serious fights since I moved into his apartment. First: It was about that I haven't met his parents in person. Which for me its not respectful to live with the partner without knowing the parents.”

Not respectful to who? And who is the one being disrespectful?

If you go against your culture then YOU need to take responsibility for that.

I wouldn't say he's being disrespectful but I wouldn't say he's NOT being disrespectful either. When you date someone from a different culture, there are different expectations and customs and if her parents have these expectations to make them feel at ease about him dating their daughter (like simply meeting him) her partner should be just as worried about meeting them as she is.

It's not illegal for him to ignore her family expectations but morally, if he cares about the girl (which is clear he doesn't) he should be just as worried about impressing her family as she is. When you care about someone making their family comfortable comes with the territory.

Matter of fact I've heard that a partner having no interest in the important people in your life (friends, family...ect) is actually a red flag.

I don't think you should go back to this guy. I don't think that would be a safe move for you. When he asked you to leave your home, he took you out of a safe situation (your home situation) and he forced you to be homeless. That should tell you everything you need to know about how he feels about you. A man that cares about you will leave the home and stay with a friend before he kicks YOU out. Call me old fashioned but I think he jeopardize your safety. Yes you were in a hotel but he kicked you out of a home you two obviously tried to build together. The fact he couldn't sleep on the couch/make you sleep on the couch and felt that he needed the drama of kicking you out says a lot. The fact he had his mother do it says more.

I'm going to say that this relationship is unhealthy and he sounds unstable. I think everyone deserves to feel secure in the living situation and I take that seriously. He's adult to have a woman move in with him but he can't even tell her he wants her out himself? He has his mother do it? Don't go back to this child.

Stabilize your life and living situation and heal from dating this jerk.

Good luck

I'm of part Asian background so I'm getting what you're saying but you're also a bit controlling, Claudeb, and condescending (you're talking about his weight problem and hinting at his lack of skills cooking etc and is ineptitude in a number of areas). You've moved in with a man quickly and then got upset that he wasn't ready to marry you. I think the aggression and anger escalated from there because both of you were feeling pressured. Please never hit anyone again. This is not acceptable. It's all over those asian soaps but it's not acceptable at all for a woman to hit a man. It doesn't matter if you're drunk or upset. Don't hit someone again.

Even if someone wants you out so badly, what difference does it make fighting for a home that was once yours (but no longer feels like yours)? It's difficult, yes, but try to think for a second there. Those memories have changed in that home. You both weren't married yet either and it doesn't sound like it was owned. Sometimes in letting go instantly, you gain a lot more. I'm talking about gaining space, peace, growth and ultimately, freedom. This is freedom to make choices that are yours.

Regarding his mother in the picture, it's unkind to look down at him for needing the support of another woman. He probably didn't want to call anyone else and least of all any other male friends. It would have been even more embarrassing, in my mind. I don't think he's a mama's boy. He reached out to the only other woman he knew that was a safe bet (perhaps older/wiser). She seems very even, if you ask me, and she didn't lash out at you.

About the other women you discovered whom he dated that were Asian... well, it was wrong for him to mislead you in any way but it's also seriously not worth it getting angry about(yes, it was stupid of him to lie but it just adds to his lack of character, in your mind). I completely understand at that point you're extremely upset. I'm saying this only so that you don't hold on to grudges and just let this go.

This guy just isn't what you thought he was and take more time next time getting to know someone. Don't let relationships degrade you so badly to the point where you lose your composure and your ability to make choices independently, safely. Let this go. Learn from it and move forwards. And NO, do not give this relationship a second chance. You both don't understand each other. Don't embarrass yourself further or waste your time.

Does he deserve a second chance? I don't think you do!

He was a liar, and pretended to never have dated, when in fact he had been with women before. That was a huge mistake right there but you, you sound like you're on your high horse and that you had a right to act like a princess, to threaten, to behaved so spoilt and even used physical force on him.

You are lucky he or his mother did not press charges because trust me, many would!! You keep your hands to yourself unless you want to be charged.

Despite all the things that went on, you two do not belong together. He lied to you right from the start on who he was, you acted like you were on some kind of pedestal.

I'm not sure where you think you have a right to act the way you do, but trust me, you will never have a healthy relationship thinking that you're better than the man or that you can boss him or dictate or even threaten to the degree that you do when things don't go your way.

He called you on your threats and it was a wake up call you needed. You don't act that way, even out of anger. If you're angry, you go sit and calm yourself before you start spewing out threats.

I don't blame him or his mother. You were out of hand.

I hope you can see that and fix that before you ever get involved with anyone else.

He's a mama's boy. So what? I might make a joke or two at his expense, but at the end of the day, they're not harming anyone. I'd sooner have him as a neighbor than someone who's unstable and aggressive. Speaking sincerely, I hope you'll seek some help.

I agree 1000% percent. Mamas boys aren't the worst you can find, trust me. I would take one any day over an aggressive guy who threatens and hits me when he's angry and doesn't get his own way.

What Sherry and j.man are saying.

Look, people might frustrate us. They might lie to us. Some cheat on us. It sucks.

NONE of that is an excuse to physically harm another person or stalk them. There is zero excuse for that, ever.

I hope, as all this dust settles, you can accept that, work to control those impulses, and in the future understand that the moment you feel them even rising inside of you is the moment you know you've gotten yourself into something very unhealthy and need to step away.

Dear all,

Thank you for your replies. I truly appreciate your time. And I understand that I was not right. It was so painful and I am so hurt...I do not know how to express my feelings..

1. It is my fault to put the pressure on me and my ex. (for me it was compromises...) I know it was pressure...

2. He begged me for 3 months to move in with him, it was not my suggestion. Because he former co-worker also moved in with his gf after dating her for 3 months. He wrote me some nice letters with "welcome home" when I was visiting him before I move in... It meant so much to me...The first time he asked me to move in with him, I cried, I told him I cannot do that, I want to get married first before moving in with him. He accepted that. But then he constantly asked me the same question. I told him it's too early for me, but I loved him and I couldn't sleep without him.

3. I really love or loved him with all what I have. He lives out side of the town, I was going there to make him dinner before his defence or any exams. I woke up earlier than me to make his breakfast when he had job interviews.

4. The flight started because I was not very happy with our sex life either...I never complained..I didn't want to hurt his feelings as I know he wasn't with many girls by 31 and he told me he was a virgin.. I told myself I will wait, he needs time... after he kicked me out I wrote a long text message including this details...I was angry to read that he was dating a girl for 9 months but they never had sex... but he couldn't or didn't wait with me...it made me angry.

5. I believe he loves me a lot. I know that I have hurt his feelings but the call from his mother and police in the first place was too much for me. I was not aggressive at all. I was sitting in the bed and crying all night after I came back "home" and he packed up my stuffs. I have cried when the mother called me to get a hotel...I did not know what to do at this moment...it was 2 weeks before my final exam.. I am also alone in this country, so as he.

6. Now I have moved twice within 3 weeks...I am still on the sofa of a friend...

7. Yes he jeopardized my safety. And I don't feel that I can ever hate him for what he did. My problem was there was no communication... he just packed all my stuffs and asked me for the keys... I need closure. I needed to talk to him. It was not my initial wish to smack him when I got there. I wanted to go "home"!! I wanted to cry to him where nobody can see me crying. It was for me my home. It was so cruel. Never in my life I could imagine to smack someone. I am not an aggressive person. I feel sorry.

8. Last week I was the witness of a former friend's wedding. We supposed to go there together. He sent this to my friend:

"Hello Sarah, thank you for your message and your kind words. I hope you had an amazing and wonderful day yesterday. I wish things would have worked out differently and that I could have been there along with Yuan. I wish you and Alain many beautiful moments together and a lot of love, fun & health in your common future. I am truly happy for both of you. Enjoy your time together!"

My friend Sarah replied to him, the same friend who was checking what going on with us, he called police on, because he felt threatened by my friends (they were really calm. they told him if you have two balls, you should go out. and then he called the police...)

"Hi Claude, thank you for your kind words. I just can’t live with myself if I don’t express my feelings about Yuan and yourself. You don’t have to continue to read but if you do I think you will better understand her and the situation....Yuan was so exited going to our wedding with you. And she left earlier after the ceremony because she was very sad. You know I have had multiple fights with Alain where he damaged the lights in one fight and punched the wall because I told him to off but we were always able to cool off and discuss once the anger had been released. Sometimes you hold in anger for too long and it comes out in strange, aggressive ways that you have zero control over. But that just the moment, you know the person isn’t normally like that. Just imagine every fight I had with Alain he packs up my stuffs and abandon me in this country (and we don’t have a contract). This is exactly what happened to Yuan. She was your beloved one, she had a burst of anger and got lost in the moment. People fall in love in a blink of an eye. But you know what's really hard? It's to stay in love regardless of the situation, the difficulties, the misunderstandings, and the flights. She was with me on that day and helped me with my German paper and told me about the fight. Also, she told me she was excited going on that weekend trip you planned. She never had the intention to not going to your parents with you. She even asked her father to send medicine for your father and hoped it will arrived on time. She was so excited telling me she was able to find a bigger and cheaper apartment, so that you could save on taxes and she could have a cat. It is normal, especially for women, if you are seriously in love and want to make plan for a future. I too truly believed you were dead serious about her. That Friday night we were supposed to go dinner and having a drink with another friend but she said she will go home and check if everything ok with you. Yuan cared so much about you. Then she send me a shocking picture that you packed her things and asked for the key. I have to say I believe you definitely overreacted. How could she knew living together with you needs a written contract? We were horrified by your behavior because it seemed so insensitive to girl you just were in love with the day before. Yuan kept apologizing to us for what you did wrong!! She doesn't know that I'm writing to you. I just felt is the right way to explain to you. I know it’s hard when you get so stressed and there are arguments. I just think packing up her stuff, threatening her with the police, abandoning her, and getting your mother involved was a lot to put on one girl. So sorry to be honest with you. I know it may not be sensible to say all over this but I follow my heart when it comes to things like this. I know what love is and I know that’s what I witnessed with you two. Times can get tough, especially when you get closer. But after the tough times come much more beautiful times!!! I wish you a good night and really hope you reconsider.

She haven't heard from him.

When the breakup happened (when I came back home and saw he packed my stuffs without letting me know) I throw away everything what he gave me, earrings, bracelets, etc. in front of him. And I asked him to return me the gifts I once gave to him. He told me you don't ask for gifts back. I said yes Im gonna sell them. (I was angry and hurt, I never mean to sell it).

So he returned them to me with a witness.... question now. I don't want to keep them but I don't want to throw them away...it is like throwing my heart away. I want to return them to him. Would he take it?

I am not mature, I am sorry...I really thought that I was...but sometimes I am just acting like a small child which needs love... I now understand that I need to improve my communication skills in conflict situations. But we had marriage plans, the night before that fight happened we went to the cinema and had a lovely dinner and always fall asleep in each others arms. I am willing to change and I will improve myself. But it was not all my fault why I was acting out of controls...For me it was a common home.....Please help me....

Thank you for replying. I appreciate. Yes I was aggressive...after we didn't told or without any communication he packed my stuffs and threatened me with the police and lied to the police that he felt threatened by a mutual female friend (maybe he really did) My friend just told him to man up, why don't you leave or pay her a hotel for a month, it is not only your apartment...it was a mutual home. We bought furnitures together prior I moved in. I am still legally registered there... I am not mature, I understand it now. I have added something, if you have time please read it and let me know what you think about it. Appreciate. Thank you.

Why on earth did you drag your friend into it? That is so immature.

And of course she is going to try and make out like he was wrong and you were right but I don't agree with her and I know many other posters do not either.

YOU were wrong.

You threatened to move out and leave him, he called your bluff. Don't go threatening unless you mean it and unless you want it to happen. You don't threaten people you love nor do you hit people you love.

I realize your friend is trying to help but by making you think that you're right...she is not helping. You weren't right and none of this would have gotten to be so bad if you hadn't started threatening in the first place!!!

First off you arent alone yuan, I cant stand mama boys myself, they often are conflict avoidant and make you feel ignored. Not saying your actions are ok in any way shape or form, but mamas boys do not make good partners.

I also see what you're saying about being kicked out of your home, that was cruel and unfair to you, especially if, as the text suggested, you are in a foreign country. That's down right abusive.

So while I dont think you're innocent, I, in no way, shape, or form think he is either.

Unfortunately he showed you with no uncertainty, he is not a good partner and unfortunately you showed him sides of you that arent conductive to a healthy relationship either.

Its just a bad match. Theres not really much any of us can do.

Thank you for replying. I appreciate. Yes I was aggressive...after we didn't told or without any communication he packed my stuffs and threatened me with the police and lied to the police that he felt threatened by a mutual female friend (maybe he really did) My friend just told him to man up, why don't you leave or pay her a hotel for a month, it is not only your apartment...it was a mutual home. We bought furnitures together prior I moved in. I am still legally registered there... I am not mature, I understand it now. I have added something, if you have time please read it and let me know what you think about it. Appreciate. Thank you.

Regardless of your mistakes, I wouldn't trust him again. That's my personal feeling/take on it. Let him go. Who cares whether you told a friend at that point or not. Sarah's a grown woman and can check her tongue if required. It was her/Sarah's prerogative to speak up and say whatever she had to say.

Go on and live your life now and let this man go. There were enough mistakes made on both sides and I think even if you both did reconcile, you both need to do quite a lot of healing before either of your are ready to begin a relationship again. Don't move in with him at all no matter how much he asks or begs of you if he ever does. Learn from your mistake the first time and be a bit more cautious. Good luck.

He didn’t actually kick you out .

You had a fight with him and YOU said you were leaving.

You went to a friends house and then claim to be “shocked” that he had packed your stuff! Why? You told him you were leaving so why didn’t you thank him for making your move easier?

You behaved like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum and expect no consequence for that behaviour?

Yet you are an adult.

Your friend Sarah is not helpful at all.

Why would she suggest the guy move out of his apartment and let you stay there when it is his apartment ? (regardless of rented or owned) And why would she expect him to? If the role was reversed and he had moved into your apartment would she have expected you to rent a hotel room and let him stay there?

Sarah is not in a romantic relationship with you , she clearly doesn’t know of your behaviour within one.

Just because you make for a good friend , doesn’t mean you make for a good partner.

Your ex knows much more than Sarah does. I wish he had replied !

Because then Sarah would see things more clearly and with a different perspective.

Take ownership of your behaviour and learn from it.

And don’t go against your culture and move in with someone and then come on all culture strong that you must get married etc.

YOU chose to move in to his apartment after a few months.

And then YOU argue about how that goes against YOUR culture.

He didn’t force you to , you did it willingly.

Thank you Billie28. I very much appreciate your reply. You made my eyes open. It was my fault in the first place, I am very immature. Well...because in the country I live, it is a common apartment, both of us are registered officially to this apartment. It is not only his. And it was over night..shortly before my exams and graduation. Without having families here I was helpless, didn't know where to go at this moment with all of my stuffs incl. furnitures. I did say that I will leave, I will take ownership of my behaviour. My heart was broken also. And you are right, I did it willingly with the moving.

If your friend Sarah was a good friend at all, she would be telling you to not threaten someone when you get mad, to not threaten to leave them and to not walk out the door.

She would help you to stop those behaviors and to learn from your mistakes instead of ignoring what you did.

If you had just stayed and talked things through with him and controlled your anger, you two might still be together and be happy.

I personally think there’s a huge difference between an angry threat during an argument which he was also guilty of

And kicking out a woman in a foreign land.

Courts would agree with me too.

What he did was illegal. Hitting him was illegal too so I’m not saying she’s innocent

But I can’t imagine being kicked out of my home in that manner, childish immature or not.

BUT this is why I always say don’t play relationship chicken.

He’s still a monster for doing that in my opinion.

The dudes a lying abusive mamas boy and the OPers an immature entitled princess...bad match but neither is innocent

Neither one of you is innocent OPer PLEASE remember that! He lied to you, he left you homesless....he is a non starter. You are not innocent. You Need help but PLEASE don’t let anyone convince you he’s an angel.

Archived