Dreaming of your ex

Afireblue

I'm writing this because last night I had a long, vivid dream of my ex boyfriend and in my dream I had moved next door to him and he was flirting with me. It was a very realistic dream and we were interacting with a lot of people both from his life and mine.

We broke up 5 years ago, and that caused me a lot of pain. We dated only one year, but it was a very intense relationships and we fell hard for each other. I do believe he loved me, but I understand now that I was his rebound girl.

It took me a few months to get over the break up and after I stayed single until recently...

In all those years I would think of him every now and then and definitely dream of him, not often but often enough for me to remember the dreams.

He was indeed a memorable person in my life, I'm not sure I was for him. The thing is I don't have any romantic feelings for him, or any kind of feelings at all anymore... I'm puzzled to why I keep dreaming of him!

Isn't that annoying? I get perturbed when my lame ex invades my dreams. Like, I want you out of my life and that includes my dreams!

It was an awful relationship, which is probably why his useless butt shows up every so often.

Fortunately, he is completely out of my real life. I don't have to worry about running into him because I moved 400 miles away!

One time he came to my town and asked to see me and I told him I was busy and I didn't feel like driving. I was thinking "as if!" because he expected me to leap at the chance to drive 30 minutes to give him sex in his hotel room. Ick.

Isn't that annoying? I get perturbed when my lame ex invades my dreams. Like, I want you out of my life and that includes my dreams!

It was an awful relationship, which is probably why his useless butt shows up every so often.

Fortunately, he is completely out of my real life. I don't have to worry about running into him because I moved 400 miles away!

One time he came to my town and asked to see me and I told him I was busy and I didn't feel like driving. I was thinking "as if!" because he expected me to leap at the chance to drive 30 minutes to give him sex in his hotel room. Ick.

Oh good! I thought I was crazy lol

Glad I'm not the only one :)

I'm lucky too he moved to another state... specially right after the break up

I've had exes make some surprising cameos in my dreams over the years.

I typically find it happens when I'm in a good spot, secure in my self, maybe finding myself having feelings for someone new, years after feeling for that ex have been processed. Odd, for sure, and a little frustrating. But I think it's just the exhaust fumes of life, love, and connection—those chapters that, while gone, are always part of our spirit, as they've informed us.

So, no biggie. Just the mystery of the human head and human heart at work.

I have two major former crushes in my life who have at times been in my dreams. Very intense dreams. I dont know why it happens, it just does. I dont have to have been thinking about them during the day, but there they are at night! Not in the same dream, thankfully. It's probably our subconscious at work that causes these things. I dont worry about it, it just happens.

Archived