Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever reconnected with someone you briefly dated?

Platinum Member
    Worse the second time.

Platinum Member
    This guy: Any way to salvage this?
    Had a few great dates w a guy I met online (me: mid-30s; him: early 40s) During pillow talk after making out (no sex), we were talking about the last time we had sex with someone and I found out that he has been going on dates with someon else non-exclusively for a couple of months (they are sleeping together exclusively though) and that right now he isnít looking for a serious relationship (because he recently got out of one). I told him Iím looking for someone who is dating with the intention of finding a real/serious relationship (I stressed that I didnít know if I wanted a relationship with him yet though as too early). He suggested we stay in touch and see what happens as he doesnít know how he will feel a few months from now about a serious relationship. I said prob not a good idea bc I didnít want to get more invested in someone who doesnít want the same things. He left. The next morning I regretted my reaction bc I realize everyone multi-dates at first. I texted him that I didnít feel great about the way I acted or how we left things and that the conversation was premature. I also told him that Iíd be in his city next weekend and would like to see him if heís up for it. He wrote a long response basically saying that honesty is always a good thing, that we are on different pages right now, and that both deserve a situation that works for us. He also said he would be out of town next weekend but that he would love to stay in touch if Iím up for it. I replied that yes Iíd like to stay in touch and thanked him for being honest. He replied that heís really glad to hear is to stay in touch. However, Im confused: I thought my text made it clear that I am ok w/ casual for now, so why hasnít he asked to see me again? Is there any way to salvage this- I feel quite silly and regret the intense conversation because I felt a real connection with this guy."

If so, everybody advised you to steer clear of him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice