Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right to be concerned by first dateís behaviour?

Right to be concerned by first dateís behaviour?

I went on a first date with a guy in mid-March that I met on a dating app. He seemed friendly, nice before we went out - a bit full on with how much he texted but not enough to majorly worry me.

On the date he did nothing but talk about himself and dominate the conversation. He ranted about his ex girlfriend whilst telling me repeatedly he was over her, that he was suing her best friend, and that his boss had made him get tested for being a psychopath. He was very keen for a second date but I politely declined - told him we just didnít click in the way I was looking for but thanks for the drink etc.

He proceeded to send me text after text asking me to go to a sports game just as friends which I politely declined saying i wouldnít want to lead him on. The messages kept coming so I just stopped responding as I had nothing else to say and didnít want to keep engaging.

A week later he texts me at 7:30 in the morning saying we were perfect on paper for each other and why did I reject him? I blocked him at this point as I was getting concerned.

Then, 2 days ago, he messages me on the dating app saying ďjust wanted to say sorryĒ. I blocked him on there too as I felt he was just trying to get me to interact with him rather than actually apologising.

Would you be concerned by this behaviour? Iím hoping itís over now but itís the first weird guy Iíve met on online dating and itís thrown me off!

Yeah, I'd be concerned about his behavior.

Does he know where you live?

He's definitely got issues. I hope he knows very little about you.

He checks every box of reasons to not have any further contact with him.
    I think you already know that.

Scary guy.

But I wouldnít be too concerned, Iíve dealt with men who had a hard time accepting the attraction was one sided but besides moaning it was nothing a block couldnít fix, all in all they were harmless.

If he somehow finds you on social media or figures out your personal information then yes time to be concerned

Platinum Member
    I'd have been completely freaked by this. I think my guts would have turned over when he said that his boss had made him get tested for being a psychopath, let alone anything beyond that!

Don't let this put you off all guys you might meet online, though. You can encounter whackjobs in any walk of life!

Just block people like that earlier next time. Nothing unusual here... The dating online sphere just means you get to see more.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Koala2018
    I went on a first date with a guy in mid-March that I met on a dating app. He seemed friendly, nice before we went out - a bit full on with how much he texted but not enough to majorly worry me.

On the date he did nothing but talk about himself and dominate the conversation. He ranted about his ex girlfriend whilst telling me repeatedly he was over her, that he was suing her best friend, and that his boss had made him get tested for being a psychopath. He was very keen for a second date but I politely declined - told him we just didnít click in the way I was looking for but thanks for the drink etc.

He proceeded to send me text after text asking me to go to a sports game just as friends which I politely declined saying i wouldnít want to lead him on. The messages kept coming so I just stopped responding as I had nothing else to say and didnít want to keep engaging.

A week later he texts me at 7:30 in the morning saying we were perfect on paper for each other and why did I reject him? I blocked him at this point as I was getting concerned.

Then, 2 days ago, he messages me on the dating app saying ďjust wanted to say sorryĒ. I blocked him on there too as I felt he was just trying to get me to interact with him rather than actually apologising.

Would you be concerned by this behaviour? Iím hoping itís over now but itís the first weird guy Iíve met on online dating and itís thrown me off!
    Based on the bolded alone, I'd have gone ahead and blocked him.

Next time, block and move on sooner.

This is super weird. You should be concerned

Anyone who admits to suing people, complains all their exes are crazy, and admits to being tested as a psychopath is telling you everything you need to know!

NUT JOB. I hope he doesn't know where you live or work.. eek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice