LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: final days for a cat named blue

Silver Member
    Very sorry too! I'm sure you both have been a blessing in each other's life.

I'm so sorry bluecastle.

I'm glad you are able to say goodbye to her. I had that with my old dog, and it meant the world to me.

I wish you both peace, let us know how you are doing.

I am so sorry for your dear departed Blue. What a beautiful and loving passage you wrote about her.

I wish you all the best.

Platinum Member
    Aww this made me tear up. Animals are family members and apart of our soul the bond is forever strong.

I’m sorry bluecastle many thoughts your way.

Platinum Member
    I'm so sorry about your kiity ❤️

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I love the story about how she adopted you. She decided, yup, this is my person, I'm sticking with him. And 16 years of sharing adventures and unconditional love - such a beautiful thing for both of you.
    I also loved how you captured the sweetness and gentleness of this time with her now. She knows she's home, right where she wants to be, adored and loved.

Will be thinking of you both.

I'm very sorry for your soon to be loss, bluecastle. I just lost my 14 year old Golden Retriever 3 months ago and I'm still taking it really hard. I raised "man's best friend" ever since she was a puppy.

I took her for an evening walk just as I had for 14 years and when we came home, she suddenly collapsed on the floor. She had to be carried to the car and we rushed her to the vet. The vet said she had a ruptured tumor on her liver which caused internal bleeding (hemorrhage). Her prognosis was hemangiosarcoma.

I was never a dog person because I grew up with backyard dogs during my childhood. My Golden girl changed my life and I became a complete dog person overnight!

I know how you feel and can relate. This fur baby is such a constant in your life with your daily routine and when you realize that suddenly her presence will be no more, it throws you off mentally. After she passes, you'll really be off kilter but know that time will heal your wounds. Pain will always be there; it's just your tears will become less.

I'm sorry for your pain and the intense pain and miserable depression you will feel after you say your final goodbye to Blue. Please know I feel for you and can relate. I'm terribly sorry.

bluecastle, Never was a pet better cared for and loved. Please know you gave Blue a GREAT life.

Platinum Member
    My kitty kitty is getting older and I know she will not be with me forever. I can't even fathom coming home from work and not seeing her running toward the door to greet me with meows.

I am sorry for your loss.

Just want to thank everyone for the kind thoughts.

I said goodbye to Blue a little bit ago. There have been a lot of tears, and no doubt there will be more, waves of feelings I can't predict but that are part of the pact of pet companionship. I'll feel them all, in tribute to her and our time together.

It was the right thing, at the right time. She let me know that.

To say this cat was unique—and that our little man-and-cat life together was unique—is an understatement. For those of you cat and animal lovers—and, yeah, for myself, my heart, and my healing—I'll share some fun stuff.

Days after I let her into my home? She surprised me—self-absorbed, rebel-on-his-own-island me—by having 5 kittens, which I helped her raise for two months and found homes for. One of the biggest romances of my life began with the most ridiculous line a cocky, artsy 23-year-old New Yorker has ever been lucky enough to utter in total sincerity: "Hey, I have these kittens that haven't opened their eyes yet if you'd like to come by and see..."

We were together for 3 years, and have been best friends for 13. She and her partner are lighting a little candle for my cat as I write this sentence, 3,000 miles away. So, life!

Blue was all about that.

Like me, she loved to travel. No need for the carrier in the car—Blue just rode shotgun. She rode with me on my motorcycle, happily. She loved planes. She lived in three of the most extraordinary cities on the planet, crossed the United States twice. She seduced train-hoppers in Detroit, hipsters in Brooklyn, wine snobs in Napa, techies in Seattle, off-the-grid freaks in West Texas, musicians in New Orleans, and, if I may brag on her behalf, two celebrities.

She was 80 percent love and heart, 10 percent sass, 10 percent aloof enigma in a way that could frustrate. More than one ex-girlfriend said we were similar. And by "more than one" I mean every girlfriend I've had.

She has seen me in love, lonely, and heartbroken, a few times over. She has seen me chase a wild, moonshot of a career that just about everyone says is a career for pipe dreamers but somehow provided food and shelter for us both. She has seen me trying, not always gracefully, with plenty of missteps, but always steps forward, to be the best man I can be. She really did see me grow up as an adult, and helped.

To say she taught me a thing or two about love and kindness is not hyperbole. She was a professor on those fronts, giving lessons from the sunny spots on the wooden floor.

Just letting her into my life has been one of those forever reminders that it's best to stay open, to keep making space to welcome surprise into our lives, which is something I try to write about here.

She was tiny, never weighing more than 8 pounds. But she was a titan.

So do me a favor, anyone reading this, and give someone or some furry thing a kiss today. I'd like that. Blue would like that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice