I need my earring back lol - help

Hopeful333

Heyy so I hope this is the right forum, but to summarize as best as I can. There is this guy I've been hanging out with who I really like. Anyway I ended up leaving an expensive earring my mom gifted to me at his place (unintentionally I swear). Anyways I really really need it back (like urgent) since my mom is coming to visit and she will 100% notice if they're gone. I can't think of a lie to say pertaining to why I am not wearing them. I have asked for them back but he is being really like weird about it. In the sense that he doesn't understand how badly I need them and won't make time to give it to me.

What should I say? I've explained the situation already but he's kind of just like "damn"

To be honest with you, I wouldn't assume someone would do that at all. I wouldn't assume anything. If I know it's there, just pick it up or at least it's worth having a look. I don't see what the point is of assuming (not worth the time). All of that could have been spent just coordinating a couple of texts to get it. If he doesn't have it after the OP's looked, for instance, well, 'fess up and tell your mum the truth if she asks (that you lost it and you are sorry).

So I don't have a car, and he lives rather far from me. He deff still has it because the next day he told me he has it and I told him to please hold on to it because of how important it was and he said he will. It just seems like he is being a douche bag to me rn and I can't figure out what to do.

So just be honest with your mum that you've left it at a friend's house by accident. I can't see a mother being so upset that an earring was left at a friend's house. I wouldn't worry so much about it. Get the earring back and don't waste your energy getting annoyed. It's not worth it. All in due time.

So I don't have a car, and he lives rather far from me. He deff still has it because the next day he told me he has it and I told him to please hold on to it because of how important it was and he said he will. It just seems like he is being a douche bag to me rn and I can't figure out what to do.
Sorry, didn't see this response before I posted.

You asked him to hold onto it. He said OK. That's not him being "really weird" about it. He shouldn't have to go out of his way to give you something you left behind. Offer to buy a friend lunch in exchange for a lift to the guy's place to pick it up or wait until he'll be in your neck of the woods. If your mom happens to come by and for some reason notice it, suck it up and let her chew you out. What's the worst she'll do? Guilt trip you? You'll be fine.

ETA: Great suggestion above if it really it for her to raise a stink and if she's not willing to accept your assurances you know where the ring is and will get it back on your own.

Archived