Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My boyfriend blocked me on everything. Advice?

My boyfriend blocked me on everything. Advice?

So my boyfriend and I had an argument yesterday. Last night while I was sleeping he texted me saying if I donít reply to his text messages he was going to block me. So I woke up this morning to find that he had blocked me on all social media and from texting/calling him. We have been dating for almost 6 months now. What should I do? Is he being childish? Do you think he will eventually come back?

What was the argument about and how old are you both?

I feel like this has been posted before....

He's being very immature.

I would say one of two things could be going on here:

1.) He wanted to find a reason to end things and this is how he went about it.

2.) He's immature and this is a tantrum in which he is trying to punish you.

Which ever one it is, it's not good and he won't be a good boyfriend or someone you can count on.

I would consider it over.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by medapop
    So my boyfriend and I had an argument yesterday. Last night while I was sleeping he texted me saying if I donít reply to his text messages he was going to block me. So I woke up this morning to find that he had blocked me on all social media and from texting/calling him. We have been dating for almost 6 months now. What should I do? Is he being childish? Do you think he will eventually come back?
    My guess is he wanted to break up with you and find a way to blame you, knowing you wouldn't reply to him during the night.

Yes, this is an extraordinarily childish move. I'd let myself stay blocked. This generally isn't the sort of person you're going to have a mature and rational conversation with, let alone a healthy relationship.

Originally Posted by medapop
    You could:

1. Wait for him to unblock you and resolve your argument
    2. Wait for him to unblock you and tell him you are done
    3. Find a way to get hold of him in person and resolve your argument or tell him you are done.

Yes he is being immature and childish but perhaps it was in response to something you said that was also immature and childish.
    Yes he will come back. Question is not if it's when, and whether you really want to deal with someone that would cut off communication because you had an argument. I was married to someone like that and it was absolute torture.

I'm not sure what the point of blocking someone is if that person wants a response out of you. It seems very counterproductive.

The only thing I can think of that makes sense in my mind is if someone is going through some anxiety attack, for instance, and needs a response immediately due to trust issues or you cheating or being out for example and the assumption that you are not answering due to being preoccupied with something or someone else, outside the boundaries of the relationship.

I wouldn't push the matter. Let him speak to you if you want that. Otherwise, consider permanently blocking him instead if possible or whenever he resurfaces.

Platinum Member
    I vote for he becomes anxious and insecure whenever you don't jump like a puppy and immediately respond (not uncommon, read this forum! lol).

So he blocked you to teach you a "lesson" so you will be more immediately responsive to him going forward.

It's manipulative and controlling!

My advise, ignore him. His anxiety, his insecurities, need to control -- HIS problem, not yours.

From a lady whoís ex left her whilst she wasnít even home and broke her heart, who went through the phase of wanting him back to now, the phase of thanking god he never came back, DO NOT CHASE HIM. he is no good if he leaves unexpectedly. He will only break your heart again and again. Let him go and move on to bigger and better things. Know your worth sweetheart

I'm 22 and he's 28 years old. The argument was about him not respecting me. I was in my nursing class the other day and he wouldn't stop texting me. I asked him nicely to please stop texting me because I couldn't focus. He however started texting me even more then. By the time I got out of class I had 70 text messages from him. So I brought it up how I don't like that he doesn't listen to me. Then he got angry, I went to sleep, and the next morning I was blocked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice