friiendship issues & jealousy

jazzy667

Hello, I’ve been struggling to reconnect with my friends after a fight we had. its about four of us and after i ‘left’ they just got closer. It’s getting really hard to just be there with them because they are so close. they shared lots of experiences without me, have lots of jokes without me and make plans without me right in front of me. i have tried to engage in convos and plans but its always a dead end. they are just so close and honestly I’m jealous. I used to be really close but it just fell apart. I’ve tried talking to others about it but they always make it seem like its my fault. (which it may be but i am trying to connect again.) Please give me advice, i really need it.:icon_sad:

If you really want to get back in with them, listen to their feedback closely and consider how you want to integrate that into changing your behavior. Otherwise... find a new group of friends to hang out with that will be more inclusive.

Let it go a little and don't force anything. There's no point in forcing yourself to be with them when it's not pleasant in the first place. It might seem hard on you right now but soon, you'll be making new friends. There's no harm in inviting new people into your life too.

Why are they letting you hang around with them again? IMO they are doing that stuff to you on purpose to punish you. I don't think there is any intention to reconcile and rekindle the friendship. They are being jerks.

IMO you should just back off and find others to hang out with. Maybe when more time passes, and one or two of them break away from the group, they will drift back to you.

I have walked away from friendships through my life. When they don't fit in with my life anymore, or I out grow them, I simply had moved on. It's a perfectly normal process of life.

If it's your fault and you are to blame, then sincerely apologize. If it isn't your fault but you partook in the fight, then you had a part in the fight so apologize anyway. Some people appreciate your humility and hopefully your friends will. If your friendship with them is important to you, then get together with them in person and have a discussion about how things went awry. Hopefully, all of you can patch things up and make amends. As for the past or their current friendship, you can't do anything about that. Find out if you're accepted back into their fold and if not, get a new set of friends and start fresh. Mature friends will be intelligent enough to start over if efforts to reconcile are sincere. Shallow, fair weather friends are only temporary and will come and go throughout your lifetime.

Think quality vs. quantity when it comes to friends. Be very picky and choosy. Character does matter.

Archived