My partner spoils me, how do I tell my family?

NYCBrooklyn

My boyfriend who I’ve been dating for 2 months now has brought me a new smart watch, I’m just wondering how I tell my parents this... I know it’s up to him what h spends his money on but I don’t want my parents thinking it’s weird because it’s a short space of time?

Why do you have to tell them? When my husband and I started dating again he bought me a gorgeous necklace for my birthday and we'd just gotten back together. The first time around after dating three months he took me on vacation. No, he was not spoiling me -he simply wanted to treat me to those gifts/experiences. I also spent $ on him, bought him nice gifts, etc - I didn't spoil him either. Now they might be concerned that somehow he is trying to "buy" your love but it depends on what they think of him as a person. What are your thoughts on his decision to give you an expensive gift?

Why would they care?

My boyfriend who I’ve been dating for 2 months now has brought me a new smart watch, I’m just wondering how I tell my parents this... I know it’s up to him what h spends his money on but I don’t want my parents thinking it’s weird because it’s a short space of time?

Give the watch back to your boyfriend. If you're wondering about what your parents think, you're not in an appropriate position to accept it. If you cannot answer for your own decisions or actions, don't do it. It's as simple as that. Your boyfriend might learn a thing or two also about discretion and mature a little.

The only answer I have to this question is "don't do things you can't talk about." You have no control over what your parents will think about this... all you can control is how you behave in this situation.

I echo what the others have said as to how old you are... and potentially whether you have accepted expensive gifts from men in the past that would cause them to be concerned about you.

Edit: I just went through some of your other posts and am confused about some things... is this the guy that you found on Tinder? Is it the one that you were hanging out watching Netflix with or the one you started seeing at the same time? The timelines you give in this post don't really make sense.... if it was the former you have been seeing each other since January no? And if it's the latter you just started seeing him a month ago?

Either way maybe their concern would be due more to what seems like flighty behavior on your part when it comes to men vs actually accepting the gift.

Archived