LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think I have binge eating disorder

I think I have binge eating disorder

Okay. So I壇 just like to start this off with who I am. I知 a young woman, I知 24. I知 going to give details of my height and weight and nationality so you know what I知 working with.

Height: 5ft 11.5 inches
    Weight: 12 stone (after a binge)
    Nationality: White British

Okay, so basically, I think I am suffering with binge eating disorder. I never used to. I used to have a pretty healthy attitude towards food. This started in 2017/18. I moved into a house with my (now ex) boyfriend and I put on almost 4 stone. Being quite tall, at 13st 12 I wasn稚 completely out of shape but I was overweight so I started dieting and restricting calories to lose the weight. I didn稚 even realise I had put that much on until colleagues at work mentioned it and were a little less than friendly about it and my ex boyfriend suddenly stopped being intimate so (and I know this is the wrong reason to lose weight) but to get back his attention I started to diet and restrict etc in an effort for him to find me attractive again. (He never said he wasn稚 but to me lack of intimacy spoke volumes). I lost almost all the weight and was 11 stone then I decided to stop dieting but the issue was I still thought I was fat. At 11st and 511, my BMI would suggest I was a perfectly healthy weight. Then he moved out without warning and left me for another woman and left me to pick up the pieces. I stopped caring about my figure and ended up losing a stone because I stopped eating leaving me at 10 stone 511. Fast forward 6 months and I致e started seeing someone new and I have started eating again but the issue is I am now 12 stone and hate every inch of my body. I am constantly cutting calories then binge eating because I am eating too little. I am always seeking approval about my figure and weight from friends and family to no avail because they don稚 know that I am suffering so badly. I am at a stage where I値l buy lots of junk food binge badly then feel so guilty I feel sick afterward. I keep getting told I don稚 look fat but all I see is fat on my body. I have a BMI of 23.5 and I make myself sick. I just cannot kick the feeling that I am overweight but I restrict so much I binge and then feel bad then I try and be sensible and I eat 1200 cals for a few days then I binge then restrict to 500 cals then binge and I cannot stop. I feel gross.

Hope someone can help. And thank you for reading.

Have you looked into the Keto Diet?

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    Have you looked into the Keto Diet?
    hi, I致e actually never heard of that. I値l search it now!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It is time to visit your doctor.

Don't DIET!! They work only for the short term and you gain back 10 fold. Go see your doctor and they will hook you up with a nutritionist and get you into a healthy exercise regiment. You don't diet, you do a "lifestyle change". Also you may need counseling. Over eating is an emotional thing too. Stress among other things will make you turn to food for comfort.

Thanks everyone!

I知 trying not to diet. I壇 absolutely love to be a conplete gym rat but it痴 just now who I am nor do I have time for it. I live alone so do a ton of overtime at work to pay bills and I go to university full time too. I know it sounds like excuses but trying to maintain friendships and a relationship too with that is hard aha

Both my husband and I are ketogenic/lead ketogenic lifestyles and continued for some years. In the past half year or so, our fat adaptation has come full circle and we've radically reduced the amount of fat we eat simply because it's no longer necessary. Our fat consumption is not comparable with others starting out on becoming ketogenic or fat adapted. The unsung heros in the ketogenic diet are fiber and water. Not enough people consume fiber and water. My husband's reasons for weight loss were health-related (more severe than mine at the time but gone after he lost weight). My reasons were to reduce inflammation related to eczema and asthma. I'm happy to say that I've not experienced any asthma attacks since the first year I started keto and my eczema has disappeared.

At this point, my husband is 160lbs and I am 124lbs. He lost 200 and I lost about 25. Maintenance after becoming fat adapted depends on your activity level. Some who live ketogenic swear that activity levels don't matter but obviously they matter to us (we are heavily outdoors-oriented people). Coming also from a family of doctors/health practitioners, I cannot deny that there is plenty of good in exercise and would never dissuade someone from engaging in some movement or exercise in their life. To adhere to any strong way of eating(or dieting) without exercise is a bit of a red flag and misnomer, in my mind. I believe losing weight is possible on the ketogenic diet at first without exercise and an unnecessary taxation on the body in the first 1-2 months while the body becomes accustomed but after that, there's no reason not to and every reason to incorporate some healthy activity levels for heart rate etc.

At this time we are fat adapted (this means our bodies burn our own fat stores) but we are so lean and the body requires so little to run on that our fats are reduced tremendously. We eat fatty meats about twice or three times a week. We both eat one meal a day with no desire at all or need to eat more than that. Meals are usually higher quality cuts of protein and fiber. We do not count calories (similar to traditional keto). Our food intake is remarkably simple.

There are many ways to skin a cat. I'd suggest you do more reading and come up with a plan that works for you. Speak to your doctor about your plan and don't be afraid to have your blood tested and checkups regularly. We go for blood work every 6 months and have never had any issues. We also have no predisposed issues or serious health issues(past or present). You may want to go over any other serious health issues with your doctor and see what works for you.

Platinum Member
    For those of us who are not British: 12 stone = 170 lbs.

Your eating habits are deadly. See a doctor. You need to learn how to eat for a lifetime, no dieting. Stop eating all the junk, too.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    For those of us who are not British: 12 stone = 170 lbs.

Your eating habits are deadly. See a doctor. You need to learn how to eat for a lifetime, no dieting. Stop eating all the junk, too.
    I had to use my calculator.

Consult a doctor, therapist, personal trainer and dietitian so you can get on a healthy eating and activity plan. Eating disorders are not about weight or food. They are about using that as an outlet for other issues with body image, control, anxiety etc.
    Originally Posted by Screamingfor
    This started in 2017/18. I moved into a house with my (now ex) boyfriend and I put on almost 4 stone. I am always seeking approval about my figure and weight from friends and family to no avail because they don稚 know that I am suffering so badly

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice