Finding that much needed closure

I posted the other day at probably the lowest point for me since the very abrupt end of my relationship with my fiancé. He has ghosted me since the split which was driving me insane as all I wanted was some answers.

Well today I got what I wanted but not in the way of hoped. He still had no answers but did not struggle to attempt to make me feel bad for him. It was all about him. How he feels (without even telling me how he feels), how I'm being unreasonable when expressing my sadness over the situation and how I have no understanding of who he is as a result. He was simultaneously trying to make me feel for him whilst he attacked me for feeling anything. A side I'd never seen on him before.

I've got my closure. He's a manipulative, childish liar. Bullet dodged and I thank all the kind words of advice in my last post.

I still love him and miss him and wish things could have gone differently but I am finding myself lucky not to have to go through that again as it would only have come out at a later date and destroy me.

Well someone close to me is going through the same thing, it's been 2 weeks and all i do is worry about him. His ex fiance ended it abruptly and without warning and I feel like that's so selfish.

How can someone be in a relationship, be unhappy and not say anything or even try fix it. I tell you how they are just plain selfish and I hope karma catches up with them. I'm in a relationship and I couldn't imagine not trying. I just don't get it and feel like it's the cowards way.

Not just selfish but immature,and the worst part is he can have anyone he wants but he is in love with that idiot. Sorry I'm really sad and mad. I won't bad mouth her to him though coz I don't want to push him away and want him to feel like he can talk to me about it anytime.

I can't stand her and I loved her too. It really hurts me so I can't begin to imagine what he feels like.

I went through hell up until he spoke to me. It's utterly devastating and you hit the nail on the head really. When you love someone (especially to the point of wanting to get married) you talk about things, not run at the first sign of trouble. It is selfish and it is childish and the truth is no one deserves that and all I can say is he was lucky he didn't marry her as I am lucky I won't be marrying mine.

It's great you're there for him, I have wonderful friends who have helped me through each and every day and quite honestly I was ready to curl up and die for a while there. I spent the whole time defending him and worrying for him and he finally contacts me and shows me why all of that was a waste of my time, energy and mental health.

You're friend can get through this but I agree bad mouthing her won't change how he feels about her and will only add more hurt. Just help him to focus on him and keep himself busy. If he needs to talk about it let him get it out even if its the same thing you've heard a million times but guide him back to focusing on himself afterwards.

Archived