Having a hard time of it - advice on pulling through

Well so far this year has already been the worst of my life. Lost a childhood friend to suicide, another childhood friend constantly in and out of hospital with complications. My 2 and a half year relationship has fallen apart without explanation, close family friend and close member of the family have unfortunately had a miscarriage and it’s taken it’s toll on me. Never seen the end of my relationship coming, although it was mutual I felt let down by my partners actions and lack of support, during the relationship I also drifted from friends who would support me... now I feel I have nobody. Where do I go about rebuilding from here..

Nothing is going to bring back your friend or the baby so let it go. You're carrying burdens that are out of your power or control to change or alter. Life happens to all of us and it's not your fault that these things have happened. Just learn how to let go. It's a skill... I had to learn it. Not easy but doable and over time it'll become more practiced and it will be easier over time. The lighter you become the less volatile or perturbed you will be. Try to work on being more grounded or at rest for your own peace of mind.

Let go first, rebuild when you're ready. You'll begin to rebuild naturally when you feel ready again and interested again in hobbies, people, places and other things.

Look, I've had the roughest 3 years of my life. Almost lost my mother when she had 2 heart attacks and a massive stroke in one night. She survived (barely) but will never be the same again (lost use of her right side and cant talk properly anymore, can't read or write anymore). My dad, sister and i now devote as much of our spare time as we can looking after her as well as our own families (which is very stressful and allot of driving). Lost both my grandparents, lost my 2 cats and my dog (my dog was my baby so that one hit me really hard). Lost my aunt. I have a daughter that has had some severe behavioral problems for most of her school life, and has been diagnosed as a high functioning autistic. I have a boss that is a manic depressive bully. I suffer with depression (pretty bad at times) and i'm constantly exhausted. But i keep going and put any negative thoughts out of my mind as much as i can and replace them with future plans of things i would like to do and can look forward to, like nice holidays, breaks away etc. It does work.

Look, I've had the roughest 3 years of my life. Almost lost my mother when she had 2 heart attacks and a massive stroke in one night. She survived (barely) but will never be the same again (lost use of her right side and cant talk properly anymore, can't read or write anymore). My dad, sister and i now devote as much of our spare time as we can looking after her as well as our own families (which is very stressful and allot of driving). Lost both my grandparents, lost my 2 cats and my dog (my dog was my baby so that one hit me really hard). Lost my aunt. I have a daughter that has had some severe behavioral problems for most of her school life, and has been diagnosed as a high functioning autistic. I have a boss that is a manic depressive bully. I suffer with depression (pretty bad at times) and i'm constantly exhausted. But i keep going and put any negative thoughts out of my mind as much as i can and replace them with future plans of things i would like to do and can look forward to, like nice holidays, breaks away etc. It does work.

Hope your mum is doing ok.

Archived