Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female perspective? Why do women ignore guys online but not in person?

remained aloof and said "fine, thanks" without even making eye contact.
    So you were rude you're saying?

She was being cordial in person because that is what well brought up people are taught to do. She certainly wasn't IMO "dangly any carot." Maybe she doesn't like idol chatter of the ethernet kind. I know I'm not too jiggy with it myself but if I saw you in the street, I'd certainly greet you with a smile... Particularly if you were a friend of my mothers.

It's harder to ignore someone when they are standing right in front of you. It's also easy to forget to answer an email. Someone sent me a work-related email over the weekend that I needed to reply to. I never met this person before. And I totally forgot to email them back. They sent a reminder email, and I forgot again. Then right now, a person who I worked with very closely for years emailed me reminding me to respond to the email. And I did it right away. The first person, I never met and forgot about the email as soon as i read it. The second person I know very well and respect them, so I made sure to do what they asked.

Interesting...all the 'extreme' opinions were expressed in the morning, and all the 'middle-of-the-road' ones in the evening.

Originally Posted by Grizzly584
    That's true too, and I don't think I would...I don't even have family here in So-Cal, and prefer to keep my prospects here. It's only the puzzling behavior I'm questioning, since it can apply to others. But yeah, she was probably trying to be gracious towards the mother...so why couldn't she just let it go instead of continuing dangling the carrot when my mother wasn't even there?
    I am trying really hard to see a carrot .. anything that looks like it's in the shape of a carrot or even a heritage carrot that's purple or white and I still cannot see or feel any carrots. Perhaps you're easily excitable?

If you're finding people being facetious or two-faced around you, it's not unusual. I'm not sure why you're too perturbed by it. It happens. Sometimes it's called social graces, other times it's just superficiality, other times it's genuine misunderstanding. Other times, people do it to keep the peace. If you worry yourself over things like these you'll give yourself a heart attack. Just filter. Relax and let it go. The only person you're hurting is yourself.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by annie24
    It's harder to ignore someone when they are standing right in front of you.
    This.

She was trying to be nice in front of your mom, OP. It would have made her look bad had she claimed not to remember you. I would hold off on assuming her eyes lit up like you were her knight in shining armor, too. You might be projecting there and misreading her, given that it sounds like you don't know her very well.

I don't see any signs of interest in her part, beyond trying to make herself feel better for ignoring you. Sorry, man.

I wouldn't waste my time either in long conversations online with a man from another country. My real life takes priority to online conversations, and if I'm busy there's no time to entertain online conversations and their not a priority to me. But if I'm with in person I'll of course be nice and talk to the person.

No one would be serious about or invest in this:
    I met a young woman while visiting my mother out of the country

I might be missing something here, but all i see is a young woman being friendly and polite. I didn't pick up any romantic interest from her, only a little rudeness from the OP.

Oh, I'm not even thinking about pursuing her...I just used this as an example to illustrate the point, because it was the clearest I one I could think of. Again, this was years ago anyway.
    Then why are you posting this?

Pity party?

Interesting...all the 'extreme' opinions were expressed in the morning, and all the 'middle-of-the-road' ones in the evening.
    What are you talking about?

Everyone said your interpretations were likely in your head...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice